X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Mego Newsletter presents The Super Friends Series 3

The Super Friends Series 3 are up for Pre-Order at FTC. Get your first looks at the SF Batman and Flash.
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

That does look like a new sculpt for the Flash. I kinda like the smiling head better. The lightning around his waist is at the right height this time. They did use the all yellow version of the symbol from the series, which is cool. The boots really sell it!

Batman. *sigh* Yeah, the head is a bit large. (Actually comparing them, it may actually be in scale with the 66 Batman figure) The sculpt is perfection otherwise. I'm hoping it is just this figure that has a crooked symbol. I'll have to say I like this one more than the Neal Adams inspired Batman in Blue. I really like the cape too.

Captain Cold and Riddler both look like very solid figures. The costumes are spot on. I'm really liking how they did CC! It will be hard to beat that in the Flash wave.

All told, I may have to get that Batman, once I see how other people's "in hand" pictures look.

JeffBearCO
    Last edited by jeffbearco; Sep 2, '16, 9:18 AM.

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Love the Batman, will pick him and Robin up when Batman is available loose bagged.
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Don't think Batman's head is too big. At least not to me with him standing next to Flash.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

It's hard to tell, but I worry that they used the Series 3 Batman pattern for SF Batman. Hard to tell if they sleeves and shorts are short. At least the shorts don't look to be that nasty shiny material.

Something is off about that Flash sculpt; I think it's the eyes. he appears to have long straight eyebrows, or the top of the eye is outlined, while the rest is not. Either way, it doesn't match the reference material and even without that to compare, it just looks odd.

I think Captain Cold and The Riddler looks great!

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Captain Cold comes with a revolver hand gun lol

Seriously,something as simple in detail and they can never get it right

Comment

• megomania
              Persistent Member
              • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Teemu
              Captain Cold comes with a revolver hand gun lol Seriously,something as simple in detail and they can never get it right
              Flash comes with Camel Toe so all's fair

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Captain Cold's head sculpt looks like Walter from Jeff Dunham's ventriloquist act:

PS...might not be safe for work:

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I like these, the sculpts look good. As for the scale, who knows? That's always a crap-shoot with FTC.

I'm surprised a gun was even included with Capt. Cold. I guess a DC Direct or Mattel substitution can be made.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• OCSuperman
                    Museum Patron
                    • Sep 4, 2014

These are fun. I like Batman's black and blue mask. Now FTC figures always look better in hand, but that Batman's suite looks all loose and gathered ... and the Bat emblem is crooked! Yikes.

C'mon, sell it FTC! =)

Comment

• Boywonder0
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 29, 2007

Wow! FTC's Super Friends Line must be awarded with Best Line in 2016!

Comment

• jacoblb
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2009

I like 'em. So many figures though. I never imagined FTC would have so many different figure lines in the works.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

The head size looks a bit big, but I LIKE that Batman. I'll definitely be buying him.
                          sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

The latest Mego Newsletter has a link to FTC's facebook page with new pictures of SF Series 3 Batman.

I have mixed feelings.

The head is too big, but it is a clear improvement in sculpting of the BM Series 3 Batman and at least matches the source material.

The costume material is also improved. The pants look like they are longer, but it's hard to tell. Same for the sleeves, but on the second pic, it is clearly out of his left glove, yet in the other pictures, it bunches, so who knows.

Interesting that they used the standard plug-in boots. Most of the SF figures have new, thick books made for them. That would have been a nice accessory addition to the arsenal. But sculpt a new head and maybe make new a cape without the black liner, and you have another comic book Batman.

Not perfect, but I will still pick him up.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎