Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did a movie ever creep you out to the point of being uncomfortable watching it ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Random Axe
    I stopped being disturbed by films when I realized reality is far more horrific. Admittedly I have not seen most of these mentioned. A local woman recently removed her infant daughters head with a pair of scissors. Humanity is far more disturbing than anything on celluloid.

Yep and yep.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Well, yeah...just go to narco del blog, oddities-bizarre, goregish, deathtube, etc...

But still, like in I Spit On Your Grave...half the movie (yes, half the movie) is about a woman getting gang raped...acting or not, it's still highly disturbing...it's still uncomfortable to watch, yes, it's acting, but the power of visuals and suggestion can still be quite shocking.
      sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
        Oh boy, I've heard of that condition but have always been too scared to look at actual images. I have a very high tolerance for fake stuff in films but am very squeamish when it comes to images of real things.
        Wish I hadn't of just looked that up

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
          I was going to post this. The remake of the original is actually pretty good, but the sequels are yucky. I kinda like 'em though. I'm a gore hound though, so...

Just watched Nekromantic, but it didn't really bother me since it's so ridiculous. The end is effed up!

I watched this crazy low-budget Canadian flick called Father's Day that had me totally cringing at the beginning. It ends up being pretty over-the-top ridiculous, and very funny to boot, but it hits some taboo stuff pretty hard early on.

I thought Human Centipede was going to gross me out, but it's kinda tame. I guess the 2nd and 3rd are pretty disgusting though, and I don't think I'll be watching them.

I'm not easily offended, and being made uncomfortable is often a plus when it comes to these flicks.
          Human Centipede is pure dark comedy to me, lol.

Part 2 & 3, they do take it up a notch...

sigpic

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 26, 2008

There was one I watched with my mom back when I was probably too young to watch it. I can never remember the name of it but it was a pretty big deal at the time. But there are a couple scenes I have never been able to forget, I had some pretty rough dreams for awhile after too.
            Chad

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Hmmm.....A Serbian Film sounds like a good date movie.
              You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 18, 2008

For those who mentioned I spit on your grave, I will go one step farther. I grew up in Sharon CT. About 30 minutes from where it was filmed in Kent. Before i even saw the movie, a new friend i met in High school took me to where some of the shots where filmed. So then when we went back to his house and watched it, totally made me sick to my stomach. I have never watched it again.

Comment

• Brazoo
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 14, 2009

Lots of horror movies terrified me as a kid, but for some reason I still watched. I think I told this story here before - when I was a kid my even my MAD Magazine of The Exorcist was too much for me. I put it at the bottom of the box I kept them in.

Originally posted by Random Axe
                  I stopped being disturbed by films when I realized reality is far more horrific. Admittedly I have not seen most of these mentioned. A local woman recently removed her infant daughters head with a pair of scissors. Humanity is far more disturbing than anything on celluloid.
                  One hundred percent.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

It took me while to get over Ralph Feine's performance in Schindler's List.

For a few years after I hated his guts because of his character ... I guess an ultimate testament to any actor.

Comment

• wise guy
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014

The worst movie I ever walked out on in complete disgust was called The Last House on Dead End Street (1970'S). This movie was before the Internet and so bad that it was thought to be a snuff film, and it goes by other names in Europe. It is not really a snuff film but put together like one according to what I read

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

^ wish we had movie theatre's around these parts like you back in the day.

All ours played were the top films of the time.

Didn't even play classics like Dawn of the Dead

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by wise guy
                          The worst movie I ever walked out on in complete disgust was called The Last House on Dead End Street (1970'S). This movie was before the Internet and so bad that it was thought to be a snuff film, and it goes by other names in Europe. It is not really a snuff film but put together like one according to what I read
                          That sounds awesome!
                          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by wise guy
                            This movie was a big deal back in the tape trading days, but honestly it sounds more interesting than it is. It was a slog to get though other than a couple disgusting (not in a good way) scenes in the "uncut" version.

Comment

• Riderfan
                              Megos are cool
                              • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by daz71
                              i would be pushing the kids in my street to the front of the queue ,give me aliens living on my street anyday.
                              Myself, I wouldn't stop with the children in my condo complex, they could take 90% of the adults too. But do it nicely, like in the classic Twilight Zone 'To Serve Man'

Just kidding around of course!

On topic, I remember watching 'Blair Witch' in the theatre & being really freaked out, but watching it (on VHS!) a couple months later it was like kinda boring.

I haven't watched many new horror movies in nearly 10 years, other than 'The Girl Next Door'. Once was enough for me for that movie.

K
                              I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• daz71
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by Riderfan
                                Myself, I wouldn't stop with the children in my condo complex, they could take 90% of the adults too. But do it nicely, like in the classic Twilight Zone 'To Serve Man'

Just kidding around of course!

On topic, I remember watching 'Blair Witch' in the theatre & being really freaked out, but watching it (on VHS!) a couple months later it was like kinda boring.

I haven't watched many new horror movies in nearly 10 years, other than 'The Girl Next Door'. Once was enough for me for that movie.

K
                                they could abduct them ,give them anal probes and pinkeye like in south park.you should see the girls next door to me keith now they are disturbing.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎