Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did a movie ever creep you out to the point of being uncomfortable watching it ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Well, yes, it's uplifiting to a point to see her win in the end, but getting to that point... ugh.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

My autobiography (the uncut version)

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

can't watch the coffin scene in Kill Bill v.2

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Eraserhead! Enough to never want to see it again.
          But creeping me out can be a good (John Carpenter's The) Thing.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Timothy2251
            Henry - Portrait of a Serial Killer. Michael Rooker's performance was career making, but some of the murders were absolutely uncomfortable to watch. The taped home invasion in particular.
            I was at the festival premiere for it by sheer fluke. If you didn't see it in the 90's, it doesn't have the same effect today. The video re-watch scene is still impossible.

What surprisingly got to me was Speilberg's Word of the Worlds. Something felt way to accurate in the ground-level reaction. It wasn't creepy, just a realization a lot of people couldn't be helped and a large amount would be killed by other people. Walking Dead plays with those ideas, but since they're killing reanimated humans anyway, it's not the same.

I stopped watching torture-gore around a decade ago. Between kids and the post-9/11 reality, it lost all entertainment value.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Torchwood Children of Earth got me when I watched it new.

To people who haven't seen it, the premise is ......

A superior alien race come to Earth and demands we give them 1 tenth of all children on Earth.

If we don't, the Earth will be destroyed.

The uneasy part is the Earth country bigwigs deciding which children to send and amounts per country.

In my mind, and probably in most others the answer would be F-U, blow us up, kill us, but you're not getting any kids.

I think that's the uneasy part (at least for me) -- seeing people considering giving into the demand

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
                Torchwood Children of Earth got me when I watched it new.

To people who haven't seen it, the premise is ......

A superior alien race come to Earth and demands we give them 1 tenth of all children on Earth.

If we don't, the Earth will be destroyed.

The uneasy part is the Earth country bigwigs deciding which children to send and amounts per country.

In my mind, and probably in most others the answer would be F-U, blow us up, kill us, but you're not getting any kids.

I think that's the uneasy part (at least for me) -- seeing people considering giving into the demand
                I'm sorry...I will not sacrifice this awesome beautiful planet with all its natural wonders, oceans, mountains, forests, marine and terrestrial wildlife...and such...for kids, hell no, man, lol.

Aliens don't want all the kids, just 10 percent. We can afford it, we are already overpopulated, 7.5 billion and counting.

The only demand...that the kids of the Mego Museum members are never to be touched...

But the rest?

Bye bye...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Do you really think the aliens would be satisfied with 10%? Humans wouldn't.

On topic: I saw Se7en exactly once, in the theatre, and will never see it again. "Sloth" scared the scheiss out of me, it was a feeling similar to the one more recently when, doing research online, I stumbled upon images of "harlequin ichthyosis." Utter revulsion.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• daz71
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2014

i would be pushing the kids in my street to the front of the queue ,give me aliens living on my street anyday.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      it was a feeling similar to the one more recently when, doing research online, I stumbled upon images of "harlequin ichthyosis."
                      Despite your cautionary tale... I couldn't help but google it. Freaky.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Do you really think the aliens would be satisfied with 10%? Humans wouldn'.
                        Take them all then, I don't care, including me, lol.

Just leave Earth alone...leave the wildlife and their habitat alone...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by daz71
                          i would be pushing the kids in my street to the front of the queue ,give me aliens living on my street anyday.

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                            Despite your cautionary tale... I couldn't help but google it. Freaky.
                            Whew, I wish I only found it freaky.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Apr 16, 2008

I stopped being disturbed by films when I realized reality is far more horrific. Admittedly I have not seen most of these mentioned. A local woman recently removed her infant daughters head with a pair of scissors. Humanity is far more disturbing than anything on celluloid.
                              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

it was a feeling similar to the one more recently when, doing research online, I stumbled upon images of "harlequin ichthyosis." Utter revulsion.
                                Oh boy, I've heard of that condition but have always been too scared to look at actual images. I have a very high tolerance for fake stuff in films but am very squeamish when it comes to images of real things.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎