Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Thread: Did a movie ever creep you out to the point of being uncomfortable watching it ?

Images
    I saw Salem's lot when I was in my early teens. freaked me out. Bizarre movie.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mego View Post
    Just saw that this was added to Shudder. Gonna watch right-quick!
    Before you watch Threads, brace yourself. You've been warned. Plan time outside with family afterwards. You may need a classic Disney cartoon or a favorite comedy to follow it.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Kirk View Post
    I saw Salem's lot when I was in my early teens. freaked me out. Bizarre movie.
    Salem's Lot changed me forever, on a DNA level.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Before you watch Threads, brace yourself. You've been warned. Plan time outside with family afterwards. You may need a classic Disney cartoon or a favorite comedy to follow it.
    Actually, when I saw the image of the Traffic Warden, which has become ubiquitous, I remembered having read up on this movie before.

And trust me, it takes A LOT to unnerve me. A lot. But I will gladly own up to any discomfort I may feel upon viewing.

Images
    Beyond the Door....freaked me out as a kid. My favorite TV nanny became demonic.

Anything with bugs, just plain gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mego View Post
    I'm not easily offended, and being made uncomfortable is often a plus when it comes to these flicks.
    Yeah, I've made it my business to seek discomfort for much of my life, ha! I've intentionally sought out disturbing entertainment on too many occasions. Both might have been mentioned before, but these two really stuck with me: Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer and Last house on the Left. Ooged me deep down for different reasons.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Images
    The unnerving quality of Threads is really over stated... it's not really that disturbing at all. Sure, it's grim and gritty, but it's not the kind of thing that'll stay with you long after viewing it.

(I met the author of the Threads screenplay many years ago. Nice guy. )
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

as an adult, Hostel. The special effects were so well done - eww...to think crap like that probably REALLY happens every day.

Threads was more depressing to me than anything else. But, especially considering the time it was made, the images of the aftermath of the explosion and fallout were pretty darn effective. It was a very interesting watch, and I would recommend it to movie fans, not just horror buffs.