Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did a movie ever creep you out to the point of being uncomfortable watching it ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Anything with bugs, just plain gross.

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Iron Mego
      I'm not easily offended, and being made uncomfortable is often a plus when it comes to these flicks.
      Yeah, I've made it my business to seek discomfort for much of my life, ha! I've intentionally sought out disturbing entertainment on too many occasions. Both might have been mentioned before, but these two really stuck with me: Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer and Last house on the Left. Ooged me deep down for different reasons.
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

The unnerving quality of Threads is really over stated... it's not really that disturbing at all. Sure, it's grim and gritty, but it's not the kind of thing that'll stay with you long after viewing it.

(I met the author of the Threads screenplay many years ago. Nice guy. )
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

as an adult, Hostel. The special effects were so well done - eww...to think crap like that probably REALLY happens every day.

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

Threads was more depressing to me than anything else. But, especially considering the time it was made, the images of the aftermath of the explosion and fallout were pretty darn effective. It was a very interesting watch, and I would recommend it to movie fans, not just horror buffs.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

don't watch horror movies but when I was six and they would advertise the movie "Magic"(Anthony Hopkins) with the dummy I would freak out and run to the bathroom and hide. Ventriloquists' dummies freak me out and this one was the scariest.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                don't watch horror movies but when I was six and they would advertise the movie "Magic"(Anthony Hopkins) with the dummy I would freak out and run to the bathroom and hide. Ventriloquists' dummies freak me out and this one was the scariest.
                That's too funny. It scared the living poop out of nine-year-old me! I have mentioned the trailer here on the Museum a couple of times in the past, and even talk about it in my new podcast. Also posted the trailer, so if you feel the need to check it out again...

Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched a movie called The Girl Next Door (2007)

Went into the movie thinking it was a Stand By Me-ish kinda coming of age film

To my surprise and horror it was NOT.

Take my advice and avoid this movie at all cost.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Oh man, you couldn't have been more wrong about that one!
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
                      Just watched a movie called The Girl Next Door (2007)

Went into the movie thinking it was a Stand By Me-ish kinda coming of age film

To my surprise and horror it was NOT.

Take my advice and avoid this movie at all cost.
                      The Wiki description of the film, and of the Likens case upon which it was based, is nauseating. I doubt I could sit through it.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        The Wiki description of the film, and of the Likens case upon which it was based, is nauseating. I doubt I could sit through it.
                        The Girl Next Door makes I Spit On Your Grave look like a Disney romp

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

It's been on my watchlist for awhile, but I was never in the right mood to slog through it.
                          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• comicmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                            I just watched this movie. Yep. Pretty freaky, even for its time. I'm careful how much horror I watch, but those final scenes (between Fats blaming the Corky, and Peggy's weird voice) were both creepy.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎