X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megotastic
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 18, 2012

attaching dr mego heads-advice needed

im just starting my first custom im wondering how do you attach the head since it doesnt flex,,,may seem a stupid question i know.also can you put dr mego heads onto ljn swat bodies? the neck hole is wider but does it work?
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

If it's a resin head you'll need to shave the neckplug. Also doesn't hurt to warm and/or put a little dish soap on the torso.

As for LJN, same deal.

If it's a hard vinyl/hollow head, try boiling it to make it squishy. Be careful of the hot water.

Comment

• megotastic
      Museum Super Collector
      • Oct 18, 2012

are ljn hands intercangable with mego? do they have the same wrist pin like a t2?

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
        70's Era Pimp
        • Sep 7, 2011

Am I the only one who dremels the neck hole? LOL

Comment

• greensavage2000
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 9, 2013

There are bodies where the chest is screwed together and can be unscrewed thus separating the front and back. My Doc Mego bodies have screws in their backs and I hear the type s do too.

Comment

• Grimjohn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 28, 2011

Doc Mego's swivel bicep bodies and Zica's Type-S bodies are the most convenient to use because of the screws in their backs as greensavage2000 mentioned. Resin cast heads used on either of these types of bodies may still require trimming/Dremeling to get the "ideal" fit - loose enough to be able to turn the head but still tight enough to prevent it from pulling/falling out and allow the torso to be reassembled properly.

No Chris you're not the only one that takes a Dremel to the neck hole, when using CTVT/FTC or Doc's regular bodies I will use a pointed diamond bit and bevel the neck hole slightly with my Dremel. This helps when I am using the harder vinyl rotocast or vintage Mego heads as well as resin cast heads.

If the head I am using is a resin cast I will use a sanding bit to shave the neck plug down enough to ensure a snug fit.

I generally squish the neck plug of the soft vinyl rotocast heads enough to push them into the neck hole.
            My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎