X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

After 35 years...I HAVE THE POWER!

I've wanted a Castle Grayskull ever since MOTU came out way back in 1981. No other toyline ever captured my imagination as much as He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Sword and sorcery, sci-fi, monsters...it had everything! I dreamed year after year of finding it under the Christmas tree, but it never happened...

So, I decided to treat myself to an early Christmas present this year. I got a brand spanking new Castle Grayskull! It is dead mint and 100% complete. I cannot describe the joy of pulling this thing out of the box...going over every little detail piece by piece. It was like a religious experience. I can't wait to put it together and display my vintage figures all around it!

• PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Congratulations! It's such a great toy. I recall writing to Mattel to order replacement stickers and parts, it saw so much play.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

I think it was voted one of the greatest playsets of all time, alongside U.S.S. Flagg and Eternia.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i always wanted one as a kid as well. never got it. I finally picked one up at a tag sale a couple years ago for $3.00. missing most everything but I still have it and can't let it go

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Holy crap, you bought that NIB? I know unbox isn't an issue for you, but man, there are hundreds of those floating around. I guess you were really wanted to present that original experience.

The original MOTU, when it was a blatant Conan ripoff before the cartoon bastidgized it, was just amazing.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by hedrap
            Holy crap, you bought that NIB? I know unbox isn't an issue for you, but man, there are hundreds of those floating around. I guess you were really wanted to present that original experience.

The original MOTU, when it was a blatant Conan ripoff before the cartoon bastidgized it, was just amazing.
            Yeah, there are tons of loose ones out there, but mostly all damaged with missing/broken parts...this one is sooooo minty.
            And yeah...to assemble it for the first time...apply the labels...that's priceless!

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

Good for you! It's seems to have brought you a lot of happiness which is what collecting is all about! Congrats!

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

That is so awesome! I want one for the Super7 figures.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Well, I just finished getting it all put together...to my surprise the labels were still good as new. Everything went together nicely, but I have to admit to a couple moments of sheer terror as I snapped some of the more difficult pieces together. I was thinking...if this plastic is brittle, I'm screwed. LOL

But all is good in Eternia tonight!

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Congrats on the scoring a grail man! Have fun with it.

-M
                    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Awesome Dwayne! Share some pics later if you can of the finished product with your figures. That would be cool to see.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Congrats! Along with the Super Powers Hall of Justice, my favorite playset of all time. Not to rub it in, but I got mine the very first Christmas it was out, along with Skeletor and the now quite rare He-Man and Battle Cat gift set. I still have my original, but it's missing a LOT of the pieces.

Have fun with it!

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• SKotK
                          Career Member
                          • Mar 11, 2014

Sometimes you just gotta go new in box to really have the full experience.

I never got a chance to have the Enterprise playset, so I knew that I had to get one that was new in box with stickers un-applied so I could have that full experience of putting it all together right out of the box. It's sitting there right now, waiting...and I think I'm going to do it in exactly a week from today, on the day of the 50th anniversary of Star Trek! At that point I'll pull out all the figures as well (I'm only missing Talos now) and have a full-on play session.

I'd love to do the same with Mission to Gamma VI, but that's been a little bit farther out of my price range. There was in fact a brand new one in opened box on eBay a while back, but I just didn't quite have that kind of money to spare at the time.

--SKot
                          Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
                            I think it was voted one of the greatest playsets of all time, alongside U.S.S. Flagg and Eternia.
                            It definitely is.....though,The new MOTU Classics Castle Grayskull even got better

Comment

• Jason73
                              Correctamundo!
                              • Jan 11, 2009

Great purchase. I have always loved this playset.
                              Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎