X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binkystarr
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 16, 2015

MORE KISS 3 3/4 figures....

Is anyone on here buying these wacky 3 3/4 in figures for the Unmasked Series? These look like fun but the faces look very odd.kiss unmasked mini figures.jpgkiss unmasked mini figures.jpg
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

At first I was going to just say that the faces didn't matter...

I mean, these are retro style and faces were not always that accurate back in the day....

And KISS are the "whole package" (makeup design, costumes, etc) which makes facial feature inaccuracies even less vital... that said: What with the inclusion of the cut-out mask accessories, as well as the packaging highly based on the original album art---well, if you judge the figures' facial features in the context of the album cover artwork (the artwork which features the masks that the cut-out masks are supposed to be emulating), then the accuracy of the facial features seem much more accurate. So, that's something to consider.

As a big fan of UNMASKED, this set will be hard for me to resist.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• binkystarr
      Museum Super Collector
      • Apr 16, 2015

I like the packaging of the Unmasked theme, it makes them very special however, I wasn't too impressed with the price tag. I feel that the price on all these 3 3/4 figures should be much less in price since the quality is not so great. I work retail and we carry the Flash Gordon and Big Bang Theory 3 3/4 lines and they have never sold. The sculpt on the faces is just very poor, customers always ask me why the hell we sell these so expensive. I had a couple of collectors tell me that the faces on the Big Bang Theory is so bad that it made some of the other same scale figures more charming.

Comment

• Remco Monster
        GLOWS in the Dark!
        • May 3, 2006

I really want that exclusive set, mainly for the masks, but it's too darn expensive.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah, for all the KISS merchandise I have, I have never leaped on the 3 3/4 scale yet. It's more packaging than product. I would have preferred life scale replica's of the Album masks. Now THAT would be a keeper.

Comment

• ZebMayonaise
            • Nov 6, 2012

The exclusive set is a fail in my opinion... it just isn't worth the price to me. Especially since they are nearly the same as the previous line.
            Expect to see this one in the bargain bin by the end of the month.
            I think the sculpts are pretty good in some instances (Peter and Gene) and poor with Ace and Paul... not terrible but the sculptors (no matter who it is or what software they are using) clearly do not know what Ace's hair is supposed to look like or that Paul is a human with shoulders. Peter looks great. Why not take the time on the rest?
            I do really like the Dynasty figures that are on deck though... those costumes look really nice. It baffles me that they wouldn't have fixed all the problems with the sculpts first though. I noticed they hiked the price up a few bucks too... I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
              Career Member
              • Dec 21, 2009

Thanks for this. The more elaborate Dynasty costumes hiked the price on these. We are also working on a new head sculpt for Ace for our next series, along with some other modifications based on comments - thanks to all for the feedback.
              Originally posted by ZebMayonaise
              The exclusive set is a fail in my opinion... it just isn't worth the price to me. Especially since they are nearly the same as the previous line.
              Expect to see this one in the bargain bin by the end of the month.
              I think the sculpts are pretty good in some instances (Peter and Gene) and poor with Ace and Paul... not terrible but the sculptors (no matter who it is or what software they are using) clearly do not know what Ace's hair is supposed to look like or that Paul is a human with shoulders. Peter looks great. Why not take the time on the rest?
              I do really like the Dynasty figures that are on deck though... those costumes look really nice. It baffles me that they wouldn't have fixed all the problems with the sculpts first though. I noticed they hiked the price up a few bucks too... I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
              bifbangpow.com
              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎