X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Jack Kirby draws SpiderMan

Kirby's off-model rendition of Spider-Man just brings me all kinds of joy. I can only imagine the kind of What If? style adventures he would have done with this version if left to his own devices. I can totally see his SpiderMan riding a dinosaur, fighting Nazi themed creatures, or traversing otherworldly environs.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Man, those are great pics, sammy. Yeah, I imagine if Spider-Man had been a Lee/Kirby production, it might've been a vastly different project.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
      Man, those are great pics, sammy. Yeah, I imagine if Spider-Man had been a Lee/Kirby production, it might've been a vastly different project.
      Well you can see some of the differences just by comparing the Kirby cover of Amazing Fantasy #15 with the unused Ditko version of the cover that didn't appear in print in color until Marvel published it as a pin up in an issue of Marvel Tales from the 80s...

The Kirby cover we all know on the left and the Ditko version that Stan rejected on the right

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Last edited by samurainoir; Aug 29, '16, 2:30 AM.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎