Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't it time for Wonder Woman Series 1?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by binkystarr
    I hope Wonder Woman is a great line and looks nothing like the new movie coming out, that's one horrible costume and look. I hope it captures the classic Wonder Woman flavor and style....[ATTACH=CONFIG]19357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19358[/ATTACH]
    I love the new WW and her new costume (very Amazonian) but I do hope that when the line comes out it takes us back to the days of Lynda Carter. I think that is what most of us would like to see. For it to be a success, they HAVE to get the head sculpt right. If they screw that up, the line is sunk for me.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
      Did you approve of the overall figure when they came out? I'm pretty ok with Sups. WW costume for me was spot-on but her head sculpt and paint were kind of a train-wreck for me. Not a major train-wreck but a derailment nonetheless.
      Ddin't buy either one based on the pics and thus skipped the line. Superman looks like Freddy Mercury and angry WW on a stick body looked terrible. As far as the WW line goes, its going to be hard to top the Mattel WW.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

I'd actually give the WW figure a 85-90 out of 100 after switching out the body. I had pretty much planned on that from the beginning. The head sculpt was actually pretty good in person.

If they do at least that well on the WW line, I'll be fairly happy. They have a chance to do a really great WW figure based on the comics. They have already revealed in the artwork which costume they are going for. If they get a really good sculpt, they can pretty much churn out multiple figures with different costumes and just continue to use that head. I'd prefer they do a removable tiara so they can switch that up as well. But all told, that may put it in the range of Green Arrow for accessories.

I'd love it if they redid the "eagle" costume that mego used as the inspiration for the pajama WW. Now that they pretty much have a pattern for the wired costume, this should be fairly easy.

I'm also hoping they do metallic variants with gold symbol and silver bracelets.

JeffBearCO
        Last edited by jeffbearco; Sep 1, '16, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Ddin't buy either one based on the pics and thus skipped the line. Superman looks like Freddy Mercury and angry WW on a stick body looked terrible. As far as the WW line goes, its going to be hard to top the Mattel WW.
          SF Superman looks nothing like Freddy Mercury

SF Wonder Woman head on the Mattel body plus using the lasso/cuffs = best wonder woman to date

100_7886.jpg100_7885.jpg
          Last edited by Teemu; Sep 1, '16, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

get rid of the spit curl and give him a 'stache with those buck teeth and you have a 70's rock icon.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              You aren't missing much with not getting the SF WW. The head sculpt is pretty sad. IMHO.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I had forgotten that WW ever wore this costume in Super Friends.

This looks like the drawing of the costume they originally showed for the WW line.

PS: She kinda sounds like Xena in this version. hehehe

JeffBearCO

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

and now they've completed screwing up the DC trinity of the Superfriends line. Batman's got a 9 inch scale head on a 8 inch scale body.

Comment

• tiinacat
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 4, 2015

I like Superman and WW fine. Aquaman rocks!
                    Can't wait for the evil variants.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

Waiting for Wonder Woman but pretty much already convinced that she will have a massive head, or be cross eyed, or look more like Sarah Palin.

I'm hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst ever since that angry Crimson Chin version of Batman in blue.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎