Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

^ I was actually pondering that, too. With mirrored panel.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rodkeith
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep
      I also think that this answers the question as to if they are going to release Joker's Van since they offer the customize van in green and red roofs.

Right! Assuming these sell well, they'll then go to the effort of making the boxing glove and squirt flower for it.

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19304[/ATTACH]The Aqua-Van could look something like this.
        great idea! I looked this up: *Nice* concept!
        Aquaman Kia Rio The Aquaman Rio hatch, built by West Coast Customs, features a fishy-looking exterior with a gold and green paint job, styl...

back window:

front design:

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

I'm thinking about making The Six Million Dollar Van. Dead serious.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^Red and white? Jeez I love that idea.

And we can pretty much do our own Monkees touring bus now, too.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by comicmike
              great idea! I looked this up: *Nice* concept!
              Aquaman Kia Rio The Aquaman Rio hatch, built by West Coast Customs, features a fishy-looking exterior with a gold and green paint job, styl...

back window:

front design:
              It's funny, I was thinking of this, too. So an Aqua-Van in green with yellow roof, orange detail stickers, and maybe some blue waves and bubbles accents?

How do the TT surfboards stay on the roof?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm sorry about all these impulsive posts--I just think these are so much fun and I've wanted a FF van for, well, what seems like forever in my Mego collecting.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I posted a couple of comments on another thread about the FTC vans, there's many possibilities for nice ideas
                  I think with some serious work, a King Tut van could be done, along with Mr. Freeze, Riddler, Flash and Green Lantern
                  too, and let's not forget marvel heroes and villains as well, plus like someone already mentioned Scooby mystery machine,
                  and how about the A-Team van? CHiPS, Three Stooges. The white van is great for painting just about anything, FTC hit
                  a homerun with these.

Comment

• Apositive
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 3, 2011

Punisher Battle Wagon! - with some work, decals and I'd have to customize a Mego-scale Punisher as well!

Comment

• Timothy2251
                      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                      • Mar 15, 2008

Looking at the color combos available, I'm thinking of doing an updated Joker van (green roof, purple body) and a Harley Quinn van (black roof, red body - maybe replace the cage on the roof with a big mallet).
                      Too bad they don't have a purple roof - a Riddler van (purple roof, green body covered in question marks) would be slick as well.

ETA: Just had another idea! Blue body + Red roof = SUPERVAN!!!!
                      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        I'm sorry about all these impulsive posts--I just think these are so much fun and I've wanted a FF van for, well, what seems like forever in my Mego collecting.
                        Right there with you (et al---but I recall throwing around ideas with you particularly on what FTC might release as new van product).

I want to be inspired by Museum customizers on a direction to go design-wise (most importantly it'd help me pick a favored character---or 3--- to start collecting these vans and trying to accessorize them myself), so I'm very excited to see what people do with customizing these vans for any WGSH (plus WGSH extensions like FTC Harley, EMCE Daredevil, etc... or character teams like the Avengers).

I imagine between the creativity of the layman and using pre-made DC/Marvel eBay stickers (vintage Mego-era or otherwise) and accessories that might be salvaged from non-related playsets (also found on eBay),

PLUS what the "pros" 'round here could do with their above average skills----wow, this is going to be good.

I fear making van purchases without having a clear vision of what I'd make----but, dang if the price isn't right.

My top wants would be, mostly disappointingly cliche... 1) Aqua Van 2) Shazam Van 3) Super Van 4) Wonder Van 5) Spider Van 6) Hulk Van 7) Fantasti-Van 8) America Van (w/Falcon deco) 9) Riddle Van 10) Penguin Van 11) Cat Van

However, there's a lot of outside-the-box van ideas I could see myself getting into:

Like FTC Super Friends related vans: 1) Van Of Doom 2) Van Of Justice 3) Twin-Power Van

Or a "Sinister Six Van"---or a "Bring On The Bad Van"???

My deal with the vans is that even if they take up a lot of display area... they paradoxically become space-savers if you can justify filling them with 6 or so figures... as long as they are affordable.... I'm going to go for it.

Good luck everybody! Can't wait to see the customs!

EDITED TO ADD:

I also think that this answers the question as to if they are going to release Joker's Van since they offer the customize van in green and red roofs.
                        This^^^^

Can someone answer my question here definitively so if I buy three vans, I can decide if I'm going to get a green & red van?

Are FTC basically saying... "Here's your Joker Mobile" replica... now all you need are some accessories (and replica stickers) to finish it?

As much as I love the Joker Mobile... always having pined for it.... I don't know the toy inside and out and would rather hear feedback in this thread than doing my own due diligence research... that said, I think others looking at this thread might benefit from a definitive answer on this here as well.
                        Last edited by huedell; Aug 28, '16, 11:15 AM.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

IDK, The Joker-mobile has some unique features and (at least IMO) is more desirable than the Bat-Lab. It's true you could now bash an ersatz Joker-mobile--and egad I'd love some repro stickers, but the extra tooling for the grill, flower, and boxing glove would be awesome. And admittedly not cheap. Maybe these elements could be created on the forum.

Doing an Avengers Quin-van or Bring on the Bad Van sounds pretty cool.

Comment

• mego
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 16, 2012

What's next? Cheech and Chong Megos?!?

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

I am surprised nobody as said they are doing a KISS van.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• pmwasson
                                Maker
                                • Sep 12, 2007

Robyn could make a whole fleet of Dharma vans now.
                                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎