• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

GI Joe Marvel Comics animated commercials

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Sadly it seems that GI Joe, in any iteration, has been relegated to the dust of time. It's fascinating how big this license was back in the 90's and early 2000's. Then it's as if everyone jumped off the bandwagon. Not sure why that happen, but the hobby sure seems to be on life support these days.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I think you're right, Tom--though the selfish part of me has said at times that Hasbro just hasn't supported the line for the mass market. I think of GI Joe is a niche item now, like reMego and MOTU. It's even harder being a 12" collector, that's certain, but new stuff is out there--for a price.

The fairly recent cartoons and films didn't really boost sales, though I wonder about overseas. Look at how Big Jim/Max Steel thrived in other countries but withered here.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Red Hulk
          Career Member
          • Dec 19, 2012

Wow! I remember these commercials I was floored by them when I was a kid.But I agree with both you guys Joe is history as a line if he dose return it wont be as a large scale figure.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎