Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WAV
    • Jul 31, 2009

Glider for Mego Green Goblin?

I've always wanted a glider for my Mego Goblin and wondered if anyone has found one that works for their display. I've considered the Famous Covers one made by Toy Biz for a while now.
  • Ninersphan1
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 27, 2009

The Famous Covers, might be a bit large, maybe one of the various Marvel Legends ones? They may be a bit to small though.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I suspect Famous Cover's is too large, but maybe. As per Ninerspan, also try:

*Marvel Origins Signature GG glider
      *Marvel Legends Unleashed GG--glider has sculpted supporting "smoke trail" base

I think the scale of these would work, but the question is will the stirrups accommodate the Mego boots?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• WAV
        • Jul 31, 2009

Is the Famous Covers one larger than the Origins Signature one?

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm pretty sure it is, but they're both in storage and I'm not positive. I think the two I mentioned are in a better style than FC. I'll see if I can dig around and find them.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Seems like something that would be pretty easy to fabricate from scratch - taking into account it should look "Megoesque" ie. not very detailed and a bit clunky

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

My Mego Goblin sits on this glider:

Goblin I.jpg

Because that figure has big feet, there's plenty of room for the boots, and the toe actually fits underneath the "cap". I put in on a clear block of plastic to make it "float"...

Goblin II.jpg
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I'm pretty sure it is, but they're both in storage and I'm not positive. I think the two I mentioned are in a better style than FC. I'll see if I can dig around and find them.
                The Signature series one is the same as the FC one, the same mold, and the pumpkin bombs were.
                Last edited by thunderbolt; Aug 25, '16, 4:29 PM.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Are you sure? lol I want to see pix.

Comment

• KosmiCKennY
                    Igo ugo we all go 4 mego!
                    • May 13, 2004

They are the same size, but the FC one is hard plastic and the signature series one is more rubbery

Comment

• WAV
                      • Jul 31, 2009

Thanks, guys!
                      I just grabbed a Origins Goblin off eBay. Hope the glider isn't too big!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎