Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ssylyss
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 16, 2008

I don't own any minimates so I'm not sure. The pin mates are 2" tall with an approximate 3/4" diameter base if that helps at all.

Comment

• Ssylyss
      Museum Patron
      • Jan 16, 2008

Here they are in their new home on my desk at work.

001.jpg

Comment

• Gumby01
        • Dec 7, 2015

Originally posted by Ssylyss
        I don't own any minimates so I'm not sure. The pin mates are 2" tall with an approximate 3/4" diameter base if that helps at all.
        Thanks Ssylyss.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
          Career Member
          • Dec 21, 2009

Thank you for the VERY kind review! I initially did think that some assembly was required, so we added that to the packaging just in case. 2016 was our launch year for this product line. You should be seeing more of these in 2017, along with new characters and product types within the Pin Mate line.

I finally got around to unboxing the bridge play set, and I couldn't be more happy with it. I weighs more than I expected, being made completely out of wood I guess that makes sense. The paint apps look awesome, tons of little details. Each of the wall sections is glued down and has a single wood screw to hold it in place. It's very solid. I doubt that I could make a better video than the unboxing on the EE site, so I wont try.

I thought it was interesting that the box says some assembly required. Maybe they thought they were not going to be able to fit the assembled front of the bridge in there. It was snug but it all fit nicely when you opened up the box, and no assembly is required. The box is heavy duty cardboard and has some great images on it. The back shows all 10 of the available Star Trek Pin Mates, well images of the actors. There is a nice little foil exclusive edition sticker on the back. Mine is 350 of 500.

I would highly recommend this to anyone that likes Pin Mates, or is nostalgic for the old Fisher Price little people sets.

as a side note I don't recall how to attach images, so hopefully this works correctly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19948[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19949[/ATTACH]
          Co-founder, BifBangPow!
          bifbangpow.com
          twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Ssylyss
            Museum Patron
            • Jan 16, 2008

I can't wait to see what is coming in '17. Hope there are some play sets planned as well. Have you considered selling figure blanks that could be used for customizing? Not sure if there would be a demand for them, but I would buy some.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
              Career Member
              • Dec 21, 2009

I can't wait to see what is coming in '17. Hope there are some play sets planned as well. Have you considered selling figure blanks that could be used for customizing? Not sure if there would be a demand for them, but I would buy some.
              Thank you! We do have various non-licensed concepts we are working on - but they are just concepts now until we have wider support at retail. 2017 should be the year you see this line all over the U.S., and that should lead to additional product types such as playsets and vehicles.
              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
              bifbangpow.com
              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• drogge
                Career Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                Thank you! We have a few more surprises in store for our Mego fans...
                I was wondering if the Mego surprises are in the 8 inch Mego format, or are you referring to Pin Mates. I sure would like to see some 8 inch offerings from BBP in 2017, maybe some more TZ?

Comment

• toothaction
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by drogge
                  I was wondering if the Mego surprises are in the 8 inch Mego format, or are you referring to Pin Mates. I sure would like to see some 8 inch offerings from BBP in 2017, maybe some more TZ?
                  Heh, I'll second that emotion every time I stumble upon a mention!

That's not why I'm bumping this thread today, though...

As of this morning, my Enterprise for Toddlers™ is now fully staffed!

Bones, I'm sorry to report, doesn't pass the likeness test at all, ha, but I'm otherwise filled with delight.

Bonus delight in that I have a spare away-team for surface jaunts:

Some redshirts would be handy, I suppose. Wouldn't kick any aliens out of bed, either!

ECME? Really? I guess I was presuming that only BBP's Mego-likes were made in collaboration with them. Anyone care to school me?
                  >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎