Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you want Sam Raimi to direct the Shazam film?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
    Raimi has such a dynamic, distinctive and imaginative style which comes across in whatever genre he's tackling.
    Nicely said! I've watched both Spider-Man movies so many times as my niece was mesmerized by both those movies when she was little. She was glued to the tv when the dvd was on.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

I would have personally preferred Joe Johnston to be Captain Marvel's director. I would have liked the movie be a period piece set in the 40's.
      Since Cap's comic book hey day was in the golden age. Johnston seems to have a flair for that, his Captain America and the Rocketeer really
      captured the look and feel of the time. If you ever read the Power of Shazam graphic novel you could see how it could work on the big screen.
      Jerry Ordway's treatment of the big red cheese is amazing there's even a little wink homage of Steven's Rocketeer in it.

Raimi I'm not crazy about, but I can live with it. I'm sure Bruce Campbell will show up in a cameo which I would dig. Heck Campbell when he was younger would have been a great Cap.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
        Yeah, but at least Affleck and Cavill are still better actors than Maguire...taller too...

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Kingdom Warrior, your are right about Johnston, that would be my preference for director and treatment, too if I could choose any.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
            OH JES!!
            • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Kingdom Warrior, your are right about Johnston, that would be my preference for director and treatment, too if I could choose any.
            Johnston for me just has that touch.....and I just think Captain Marvel should be a period piece.....I don't want him mixed in with
            the current DC movie universe.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
              Okay, you got me...I have no comeback for that...

sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                I would have personally preferred Joe Johnston to be Captain Marvel's director...
                Yeah, Joe Johnston would be good, too. I rate him highly as a director...

I really hope Disney/Lucasfilm choose him as director when they get around to doing the standalone Boba Fett movie, given his strong association and links with the character.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• WannabeMego
                  Made in the USA
                  • May 2, 2003

Yeah...I'm not interested in Raimi at all...but count me as another person who thinks Johnston would be a MUCH better choice.

Give someone else a chance...IMHO
                  Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎