X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Arm's Master

I love Rack Toys, I love Space:1999 and of course, Knock Offs. So when all three get together and have a baby, it's a good time for me. Meet Arm's Master, a weirdly named series of toys that stole the molds from both AHI Space:1999 and Star Trek toys (seriously, check out this phaser!).

Seeing as the eagle gun pops right off the card, let's take a look at the art after the jump:

This scenario plays out in my head a lot!

The artist actually put a phaser and a 1999 stun gun in what I guess the hero and the villain's hand.

I kind of want to know these characters back stories....

The toy itself appears to a total copy of the AHI molds, I imagine these came out at the same time?

More Space:1999

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I love these generic toys because they command the use of your imagination to bring out the magic in them. After all isn't that what it's all about? That's very neat.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

That's just CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Actorman
        Museum Super Collector
        • Oct 4, 2010

This probably pre-dated them both, but the white uniforms on the guys in the illustration look like a hybrid of Battlestar Galactica ('78) and Buck Rogers ('79) uniforms.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Actorman
          This probably pre-dated them both, but the white uniforms on the guys in the illustration look like a hybrid of Battlestar Galactica ('78) and Buck Rogers ('79) uniforms.
          I kinda wonder about that, it's entirely possible that they used abandoned tooling and just tried to catch the sci-fi craze?
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

I want to know who Arm is, and who is his Master?
            Seriously, I realize it should say Arms Master, as in weapons expert. Those pesky apostrophes!
            But it starts you thinking, is A.R.M. some space federation? Some secret society? What does it stand for?
            Alien Rescue Missions?
            Advanced Robots & Mechanoids?
            All Ripoff Merchandise?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎