• Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

I was thinking of that In Deep story from issue 83, but it was color. Never knew it was reprinted.
      wow - that very creepy blog page is a serious black hole. awesome!

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
      Here's a summary of Creepy #101's first story, if that helps:

Up first is "In Deep" by Richard Corben (art) and Bruce Jones (story), a reprint of the classic story from Creepy 83. Given that this cover was originally intended for this story, they reprinted it here, and made a sequel story which follows this story. This story tells of a husband and wife whose yacht sinks. The two of them are stranded in the water with just an inner tube to keep them afloat. Over the night the wife drowns, leaving the husband on his own. To his horror seagulls and soon sharks arriving trying to eat her corpse. He fights them off as best he can, but can't stop them all. When he's finally rescued all thats left is her heart, which he grasps tightly in his hands. An extremely good story, one of Creepy's best ever, although this particular version isn't in color, which definately helped it out tremendously in its original printing

The rest of the summaries can be found here:

http://averycreepyblog.blogspot.com/...reepy-101.html

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
        The magazine you described sounds a Myron Fass publication. Always one to jump on a trend, Fass produced one shot magazines (mostly B#W) to sell, while publishing his horror mags under the Eerie Publications name. Try searching titles like:Jaws of Death, Jaws of Horror, Jaws of Blood.
        That was the recommendation I was just bringing from the Classic Comics Forum, they suggested Jaws of Horror that you mentioned from Fass...

-M
        Last edited by MRP; Aug 22, '16, 9:11 PM.
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

What a delightfully trashy cover!

Comment

• Bantha5
            Museum Super Collector
            • May 2, 2013

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for their interest. Apparently sharksploitation magazines were a real thing in the mid to late 70’s. Not only were there a few different issues of JAWS of horror, but others like JAWS of blood and JAWS of death. Looks like I have quite a few books to buy.

Comment

• Bantha5
              Museum Super Collector
              • May 2, 2013

Sorry Dr Cyclops I should have read your post more carefully. You already posted all of the "JAWS of " titles.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Bantha5
                Sorry Dr Cyclops I should have read your post more carefully. You already posted all of the "JAWS of " titles.
                No harm, no foul. You want bad? I posted on the CBR classic comics board (years ago), asking about the horrible Fass Eerie publications. I didn't know the name 'Eerie Publications' or anything about Myron Fass at the time. So, when a member said Eerie Publications, I thought they were talking about Warren's Eerie magazine. Imagine how clueless my response looked. "Huh no, it wasn't any of the Warren mags..."

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by MRP
                  That was the recommendation I was just bringing form the Classic Comics Forum, they suggested Jaws of Horror that you mentioned form Fass...
                  -M
                  Yah, those guys over at the 'Classic Comics Forum' really got it down.

If I remember correctly, Myron Fass used contaminated paper and poisoness ink in his publications.

"That's real acid folks! So, I want to see goggles, people. Goggles!"*

Gloves and paint masks are recommended as well.

"The goggles, they do nothing!"*

*Simpsons

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎