• Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

It feels just like Cloth

Which I guess explains the Mego figure?

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

Great find!!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I'd like to see the real Iron Man costume in movies. Skin tight flexible metal!

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

to me, the Mark 4 armour will always be the "classic"

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

the Mark 3

Comment

• Brazoo
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 14, 2009

That's great!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Yeah, as much as I loved the first IRON MAN movie and as badarse as I found the Mark II armor to be, the little inner geek inside me would love to see classic Iron Man make it to the big screen. THAT'S the Iron Man I grew up with and will always love eternally. At that point, Tony wasn't made out to be a womanizer, drunk, or the basic founder of all the MARVEL technology, he was just Tony Stark, billionaire inventor and, as an added bonus, he spent a lot more time AS Iron Man than he did as Tony Stark.
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Those scenes there are why I love the racetrack scene in Iron Man 2 so much. It's the movie equivalent of those moments. That movie gets a lot of flack (for no good reason, IMHO), but that scene is awesome either way.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Well said Chris. I really like Iron Man 2 and that scene pretty well sums up the superhero experience from the comics for me. I always loved Iron Man during the Gene Colan years, because he had a knack for illustrating Stark getting into the outfit. Whether he was opening his suitcase to reveal the condensed outfit or showing him putting on pieces of the costume, it was always a hero moment displaying the secret identity aspect of our hero. And I have to say that is something I feel is missing BADLY from the Marvel universe. There are very few secret identities. Spider-man is really the only one I can think of and even that is played pretty loose. I think protecting that duel identity was always a great dramatic plot point that could be scripted so many different ways.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

IM2 wasn't my favourite but that car scene gave me chills, it was very well done.

The end credits in IM3 are also awesome.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• daz71
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2014

i would love to see the mark 4 armour on screen and i agree totally about the secret identities.it would have been nice to have jarvis as a butler rather than a computer too.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Those panels really show how advanced and forward thinking the writers were. In reality, every kid reading the book is thinking about how clunky and chafing wearing a suit of armor would be. So they took the time to give the best explanation they could. But metal that "feels" like cloth? That's pretty cool sci fi, and years ahead of its time.

P.S. Iron Man 2 RULES!!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
                          IM2 wasn't my favourite but that car scene gave me chills, it was very well done.

The end credits in IM3 are also awesome.
                          End creds for IM3 were like a greatest hits/retrospective for the films and my only nitpick with the closing creds, and the end of the film in general, is that it felt very much like the conclusion of Tony Stark/Iron Man's journey, which made his appearance in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON a bit more jarring and seemingly disconnected. Had they given us a five or six minute explanation, maybe in talking to Banner, as to what happened between the end of IM3 and the beginning of A:AOU that brought Stark back to making armors and, yes, wearing them, then I'm guessing his appearance and participation would have made more sense.
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41
                            ^^^ Well said Chris. I really like Iron Man 2 and that scene pretty well sums up the superhero experience from the comics for me. I always loved Iron Man during the Gene Colan years, because he had a knack for illustrating Stark getting into the outfit. Whether he was opening his suitcase to reveal the condensed outfit or showing him putting on pieces of the costume, it was always a hero moment displaying the secret identity aspect of our hero. And I have to say that is something I feel is missing BADLY from the Marvel universe. There are very few secret identities. Spider-man is really the only one I can think of and even that is played pretty loose. I think protecting that duel identity was always a great dramatic plot point that could be scripted so many different ways.
                            I like the point you've brought up here regarding "secret identities" in the MCU. In running down the list of them we've met so far (Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, Thor, Captain America, etc.), NONE of them are carrying the "baggage" of a "secret identity." Granted, none of them really has a need for a si, but the double persona, the idea of a character's si being discovered, was always at the heart of a lot of great, classic storylines. Having not yet seen CIVIL WAR, I know Spidey's identity is still a secret (to everyone except Tony Stark, I'm supposing) and I don't know whether Black Panther has a si or not, but I would really like for some of the characters to keep their civilian identities a secret just because it can create great drama and good pivots for storylines.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                              I like the point you've brought up here regarding "secret identities" in the MCU. In running down the list of them we've met so far (Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, Thor, Captain America, etc.), NONE of them are carrying the "baggage" of a "secret identity." Granted, none of them really has a need for a si, but the double persona, the idea of a character's si being discovered, was always at the heart of a lot of great, classic storylines. Having not yet seen CIVIL WAR, I know Spidey's identity is still a secret (to everyone except Tony Stark, I'm supposing) and I don't know whether Black Panther has a si or not, but I would really like for some of the characters to keep their civilian identities a secret just because it can create great drama and good pivots for storylines.
                              And that's just it. The Civil War story line (in comics) had everything to do with all the heroes having to reveal who they are. So when this movie was first advertised I thought, "How are they going to tell this story? No one has a secret identity!" So while it touched on the philosophical differences it's truly been it's own story with Civil War as the title only.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎