Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

My Isis should be arriving tonight (on zephyr winds, no less!).
    Looking forward to putting her together!

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

My Isis is here. I really like her, but of course there's one issue.

The positives:
      The body is good, I'm not having that hunchback issue so many people talk about.
      Maybe I just don't know what that is.
      The costume is really nice, especially the little gold embossed cuffs which slide on perfectly.
      I agree with the earlier poster who said the dress is a little tight across the chest.
      Her face is so good, and her hair has a nice flip thanks to the plastic cap they put over her head.
      And the panties! Ha, they worked out great.

The negatives:
      I didn't care for the gladiator sandals, so I decided to get short basic black boots instead.
      $3 for a pair, right?
      Wouldn't you know, one of the boots is sealed on the inside, so you can't put her foot in.
      I thought maybe I could poke through the extra plastic, but it's solid down to the heel.
      I had a pair of the same kind of boots in pink, so I just put those on her for now.
      They actually kind of work, since they're the same shade as her lips.
      But overall, I think I'd just prefer the black boots.
      Part of me can't help but think if they'd sold this figure dressed in a package, they would have caught the clearly defective boot!

I'm in Canada, so I had all of this stuff shipped to my parents' house in the US and then sent up to me with some other things.
      $10 US domestic flat rate shipping in the US is bad enough for something so small.
      I don't think FTC even ships to Canada - if they do, it's probably way more than the price of the boots.
      I could contact them and see if they'd do an exchange, but between shipping there, here, wherever, it seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth.
      Especially since the boots were only $3.
      I guess I should have gotten the gladiator sandals after all.
      Sigh.

So I was excited, and I still like her, but the pink boots are kind of sucking the joy out of it.
      I'm going to a toy show on Sunday, maybe I'll see some boots there?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎