X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OCSuperman
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 4, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    I think this thing they've done with "Isis" is genius and seems much-appreciated here. I hope they consider more!

* Ivanhoe & Galahad heads in variant hair colors
    *New runs of pirate and western accessories
    *Gal heads with Catwoman's bubble-cut in various colors
    *Thor heads in various hair colors
    I agree, Isis/Goddess is very nice. I actually like the brown haired version ... It reminds me of DC The Mighty Isis comic. I'm surprised FTC hasn't offered the new Jane figure with alternate hair colors.
    Last edited by OCSuperman; Aug 21, '16, 7:26 PM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

ah Herald was Mal Duncan now I remember

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I was just trying to figure out who they could make with an 6" brown body,which is why I brought it up.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

got her and peter today.very happy,never thought i'd own an isis mego

Comment

• Riderfan
            Megos are cool
            • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by warlock664
            Is the outfit complete? I don't see the "panties".
            Originally posted by JediJaida
            I just heard back from them via email.

There are no panties included with the outfit.

So, we will have to make do with white shorts from Doc Mego. He's the only one that has them in white.
            Originally posted by PNGwynne
            And luckily, thanks to ubiquitous Dorothy, vintage panties are plentiful.
            Originally posted by powersthatbe
            I thought of the panties issue right after I purchased the set,but i know I have a couple shorts in my spare parts box. we can call her commando goddess
            Geez, there's a whole lot of Mego people here that, for reasons I don't get, plan on looking up Isis' skirt

I'm just kidding around of course-like all of you I appreciate that CTV made these pieces available. And I'm kinda glad they didn't waste time or money on repopping 'granny panties'-put that R&D $$$ to fixing oversized noggins

Myself I'll probably just paint the pelvis on my Isis body white & call it a day.

K
            I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

My panties interest is purely aesthetic, I assure you.

This discussion of female undergarments is reminding me amusingly of the courtroom scene in Anatomy of a Murder.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

I got Isis and Peter Parker today, Too! Pleased as punch with Both! Never thought FTC could do Isis even in parts. I like the yellow coloring on her collar, belts, and bracelets instead of the original gold that rubbed off. Isis' face paint and tiara are well done and I always liked her rubber sandal Boots!

Peter Parker I never expected, but he completes the 4 alter egos. Shazam head worked right for Peter Parker, too. I like this Peter better than EMCE's!

I plan to order seconds and another Isis for my sister who had Mego Isis in 1977.

Isis now resides on shelf with FTC Shazam Wave and Peter is near Mego Spidey!

Way to go, FTC! This was a double thrill!

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                  I got Isis and Peter Parker today, Too! Pleased as punch with Both! Never thought FTC could do Isis even in parts. I like the yellow coloring on her collar, belts, and bracelets instead of the original gold that rubbed off. Isis' face paint and tiara are well done and I always liked her rubber sandal Boots!

Peter Parker I never expected, but he completes the 4 alter egos. Shazam head worked right for Peter Parker, too. I like this Peter better than EMCE's!

I plan to order seconds and another Isis for my sister who had Mego Isis in 1977.

Isis now resides on shelf with FTC Shazam Wave and Peter is near Mego Spidey!

Way to go, FTC! This was a double thrill!
                  Pictures, please!
                  The hands that grip.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Once I get back from DragonCon next week, I will be ordering heads and dresses.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

i would hope that FTC will make a good camera with strap for peter ,Jimmy olson needs one too .

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

Someone out there can make a little scratch by printing isis and peter parker FTC cards ,i would be interested for one

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

I just got my Isis stuff & Peter parker figure .as stated before these are great.isis outfit is very good .the outfit has the metal snaps rather then Velcro.the paint application on the head are great.nice to have tape around the head to keep the hair in place.they should put the little make up on the cheeks like mego did.once put together you got a fantastic retro Isis.got to get some more stuff for Isis figures.i put her in a ftc package �� temporary with Mary marvel card -she pops.peter parker is really good.he may not have the widows peak but is bright and colorful.i also lil it better then the emce retro.the head on that one was much to small.clothes and shoes made the head look tiny.this retro of the mego is nice.love the dark brown hair.ill have to get another of this also.great ftc..

Comment

• Mary Canary
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 21, 2017

Sorry for bumping this older thread, but I'm new here and just wanted to say thanks to all who previously replied to this. I'd been looking at those Isis parts for awhile and could not figure out why she was being sold in parts but not as a packaged figure. I was thinking maybe FTC planned to make Isis and scrapped her because of current world affairs. Then I came across the convo here and duh, it makes more sense that it all comes down to a licensing issue. Although I do like the idea of reclaiming the name Isis as something positive and heroic!

Anyway, y'all gave me the confidence to order an Isis of my own - head, body, dress, belt/cuffs, and boots (I decided to go with black boots instead of the open toe sandals, since they're closer to what she wore on tv and in the comics. I also ordered the scandalous panties! Classic TV has a frilly pair that look similar to the originals.

I don't have a huge (re)Mego collection - the 4 SuperGals repros, Lois Lane and Superman, and Mattel's version of Cheetah - but I'm excited to add Isis to my ranks of heroines. Hopefully Mary Marvel is next!

I do agree with the person who posted about needing a strappy camera. I want one for my Lois Lane so she can make like Margot Kidder and get into all kinds of adventurous scrapes getting her latest scoop!

Comment

• tiinacat
                              Museum Patron
                              • Feb 4, 2015

Comment

• Steeler80
                                Mayor of Strunk
                                • Jun 29, 2001

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                                I thought of the panties issue right after I purchased the set,but i know I have a couple shorts in my spare parts box. we can call her commando goddess
                                It would definitely distract evil doers! I'm way behind on all of this (re) Mego goodness, but I'm discovering new exciting stuff everyday. It's jumpstarted my enjoyment of this hobby again after a break of a few years.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎