X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harvestcrusader
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 10, 2015

12 inch MEGO IRONMAN and FALCON and others

Sure this has been asked - WAS there or IS there any intent on making the 12 inch hero's of Marvel in the 12 inch other then Spidey and the Hulk?
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

They made Captain America...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Maybe even the Kiss figures count.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I'm a HUGE fan of the 12 inch figures. I really wish the re-mego movement saw a lot more. I would LOVE to have the WGSH or Sar Trek or Apes mego's at 12 inch scale.

riddler 005.jpg
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

12 inch Planet of the Apes would be just fine to me, or how about 18 inch version (Marvel) WGSH
          Trek and POTA.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

I don't think FTC 18" Mego DC figures sold well enough to see any more of those. I once heard FTC tried to get license for Marvel 18" figures, also. Too bad.

I wish FTC could get 12" DC figure license and remake Mego 12" DC figures, Superman Movie, Wonder Woman TV, Batman and Robin and NEW 12" DC figures. Sideshow has only made 6 DC 12" figures since 1st showing them at 2012 SDCC! And they are $200+ Each! What a Waste! DC Direct 13" figures were better and 46 of those were made 2005-2010!
            Last edited by ovenmitt; Aug 18, '16, 9:30 PM.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

In terms of current market conditions, I don't see any Mego-style efforts coming to fruition unless FTC gets a turn at the license. If you look at retail, there are multitudes of limited articulated 12 inch Marvel characters going for $9.99 each. After that they jump into the $35 range if you want them to talk and from there the next 1/6th scale are the Cadillac editions from Hot Toys. I don't see that license being shared at a cost that would make a retro version affordable. You see what they demand for a eight inch figure and the limited market it has. A darn shame. But we're such a niche group, companies that sell in brick and mortar stores won't touch this format because there's not enough demand to justify production on that volume when online companies have trouble selling a production run of two or three thousand.

In terms of the 18 inch, that may be a tough sell as well. I never thought I would own any of the Dc figures because $100 was just too much money for a novelty item. But ironically I have managed to collect all of them thanks to some incredibly steep discounts recently where I got them for $60.00 a piece. So clearly there isn't any market for that original retail price nor do I think those could be profitable for FTC at $60.00. Now if the planned 18 inch KISS figures actually get produced in brick and mortar stores, that will change the price point considerably since the production volume will be much higher. But that remains to be seen. I hate that we may not see the remaining heroes advertised on the 18 inch boxes. It would be amazing to see an 18 inch Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Shazam.
              Last edited by MIB41; Aug 19, '16, 7:12 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

The 18 inch bodies are garbage. If they were good bodies, I'd have them all. I'd be making customs. But, I regret the two I bought and wish I could get my money refunded and return them.

Comment

• harvestcrusader
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jul 10, 2015

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  The 18 inch bodies are garbage. If they were good bodies, I'd have them all. I'd be making customs. But, I regret the two I bought and wish I could get my money refunded and return them.
                  How bad are they bro are they just a bigger version of the FTC bodies - meaning the weird tightness and lack of articulation or posing? Just wondering cuz i was going to get the ones on classic tv toys and custom 18 inch KISS figs - let me know hope ya see this

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    I have to respectfully disagree. I have all of them and they all articulate well and stand well. The only "defect" I've seen is the hand pegs are a little loose on some of them (not all of them) and that is a very simple fix. The outfits are impeccable and the head sculpts are spot on from the originals.And there is no tightness whatsoever on mine, so I'm lost on the low score.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Wasn't there a Mr. Fantastic concept sculpt or something to that effect?

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ There was packaging that had Mr. Fantastic as part of the product artwork, but I've never seen any prototypes of that proposed figure.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎