Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ThinkGeek Exclusive Captain America Retro Set $79.99

"For Truth, Justice, and all that."

Great set. Thank you for posting. I'm in.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Images
    My set arrived today and after building the other two figures (Office Rogers and Super Soldier) I have to say I like this set quite well. The Super Soldier gear is quite impressive and fits him perfectly. I placed that head and outfit on a Mego original type 2 body. Plus that transparent shield is rocking (The best accessory in the set). The paint apps and tailoring here are excellent. Officer Rogers is equally nice. I like the fact the hat is molded on and not something you have to fuss with. It looks perfect on him and the outfit is also another winner. The retro War-time Cap is the surprise here. I didn't think I was going to care much for that one, but the modifications on that original Mego mold are actually quite good and the paint apps, especially on the eyes, really sell the look as being something quite different and special to that period. It works. I also like that they used a similar design on the back of his vintage shield that allows Cap to hold it just like the 12 inch Mego Cap does. It's definitely a worthwhile addition to the series and with Thinkgeek having it on sale right now, I wouldn't pass it up.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.