X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    ^Those last three would be production people. James Tucker did storyboards on the DCAU shows, and eventually produced Legion of Super Heroes, Batman: The Brave and the Bold and most of the recent DC direct to DVD movies.

Sam Register is head of Warner Animation and Mike Carlin is a long-time DC and Marvel comic editor (he edited the Superman titles during the Death of storyline) and has since went on to head DC animation.

I'm betting money Adam West's buddy and DJ/voiceover guy Ralph Garman is involved. It wouldn't surprise me if he's doing the Joker's voice. He does a good Cesar Romero.

Chris
    No, they are listed as voices ( and I do know who they are), maybe Carlin does a great Penguin? Oddly enough it seems Garman is not involved.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^I figured you did. Sorry, my infodump powers just went off without me really even recognizing it.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

New Trailer:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/...ls-and-box-art

Interesting they couldn't get Neil Hamilton's likeness rights.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hedji
          New Trailer:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/...ls-and-box-art

Interesting they couldn't get Neil Hamilton's likeness rights.
          No surprise, they didn't use him in the figure line, so he's off limits.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

The Dozier soundalike is really good. I'm excited!
            Last edited by Hedji; Aug 22, '16, 9:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

IDK, I'm a little worried about the voice-work. But how can I not love this anyway?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I think Adam sounds better in this trailer than in the promo from last week.

They never got the rights to Hamilton for the Batman '66 comic either, although many artists drew him anyway.

I'm even more excited for this now!!!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Yeah. Adam is sounding a bit shaky, but the novelty and nostalgia of it more than covers what time and the years have taken. At least we still have them with us to offer a new Batman adventure. I'm absolutely stoked to get this.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

It's never going to be perfect, is it? And it's sad so many of the actors are gone now. (I wonder if there's a part for Lee Meriwether?)

Look at it this way. Which would you prefer as a final coda to the 66 series with West and Ward? This, or Legend of the Superheroes from 1979?

The fact that this is happening half a century later is remarkable.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

It is remarkable. I'd love for Lee to do a part, she was my favorite Catwoman.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Look at it this way. Which would you prefer as a final coda to the 66 series with West and Ward? This, or Legend of the Superheroes from 1979?
                        What, you aren't hoping for a cameo by Ghetto Man?

It's a shame Yvonne Craig isn't with us to be a part of this. I guess her passing sticks out more than the rest because she seemed eternally youthful and full of energy, plus she was the last one to pass away.

Whoever was doing the Penguin's voice sounded like a decent Burgess Meredith, from these clips anyway.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Yeah, Yvonne's voice really hadn't changed. She'd have been perfect.

Wouldn't you just die if they snuck Ghetto Man in the background someplace?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^James Tucker, being an African American comic fan with a great sense of humor, just may do it!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                              ^^^ Yeah. Adam is sounding a bit shaky, but the novelty and nostalgia of it more than covers what time and the years have taken. At least we still have them with us to offer a new Batman adventure. I'm absolutely stoked to get this.
                              Yeah what Tom said. I'm so excited!
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

While Adam seems to have lost his magical subtlety, at least in the clips I've heard, it's so amazing that 50 years later we're going to get another '66 Batman movie.

I hope they pull out all the stops and include cameos and easter eggs galore.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎