X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
    While Adam seems to have lost his magical subtlety, at least in the clips I've heard, it's so amazing that 50 years later we're going to get another '66 Batman movie.

I hope they pull out all the stops and include cameos and easter eggs galore.
    I think with Adam's voice the way it is now, it's even more campy and cheesy b/c he makes everything sound so urgent, just like any other over the top superhero!

West is BEST! Long live the Caped Crusaders!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

I spotted a goof in that trailer...when they first run to the Batmobile Batman gets in the passenger side while Robin gets in the driver side...next shot Batman is driving.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ You know I saw that too, but I thought it might have been a edit hop in the trailer but we'll have to see. That might be a built in gag. Would be interesting if they go for humor here and don't play it straight.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

While Adam seems to have lost his magical subtlety, at least in the clips I've heard, it's so amazing that 50 years later we're going to get another '66 Batman movie.
          Adam had already lost that by Season 3 by many accounts.

I think his voice sounds better in this trailer than the teaser. It's a bit shaky with age, but hey, it's still Adam West playing Batman officially. First time since Super Powers in 1986. I'll take it!

Burt sounds pretty much exactly the same. That's kind of nuts really. The guys in his 70s and sounds like a kid!

I spotted a goof in that trailer...when they first run to the Batmobile Batman gets in the passenger side while Robin gets in the driver side...next shot Batman is driving.
          Some folks online are thinking some of that may be an intentional nod to the Filmation cartoon, but I think they flopped the entire scene from Batpoles to Batmobile, because Robin's "R" is also inverted. It may even go back to the scene in the study, because now that I think about it, Dick and Bruce go to the wrong Batpoles, according to the classic series!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Nice full-size shot of the Blu-Ray artwork from TV Shows on DVD:

Find a list of new movie and TV releases on DVD and Blu-ray (updated weekly) as well as a calendar of upcoming releases on home video.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

There's a controversy brewing over how WB has altered Franchi's original box artwork to make it look more cartoony, less realistic. Presumably to avoid customer confusion that this is live action. The artist is upset, but I can see why WB would do it. I don't know why they can't just make a starburst that says "Animated!" on the box though.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I don't blame him. They also screwed up Robin's left sleeve. It's now incorrectly red.

Almost all the DC Direct to DVD films have painted art that looks photo-realistic, despite being animated. Why worry now?

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

That's just a flat out insult to the artist. If they wanted a more animated look, then that's what they should have commissioned him to do from the start.
                  They butchered the original work which is fantastic.....and getting the colors wrong seriously who was the ****** art director in charge who did not
                  see that...smh

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 30, 2015

This is getting a one off cinema showing at my local on 17th of October.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Mine too on October 10th. Got my tickets this morning. Hope it's kid appropriate because my little ones love that Batman.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Spyweb007
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 18, 2006

When my son was about 5 years old I was flipping channels on the TV and came across the 1966 Baman Movie. He just stared as he watched Batman and Robin on the screen and kept saying "look at them, that's the real Batman". for some reason Adam West and Burt Wards Batman and Robin just looked so believable to him even though he had seen some of the movie Batmen on tv before. Once he saw a Batman Symbol sticker on an electrical box outside of a restaurant there was no convincing him that Batman hadn't been there before us. I would love to get this for him to watch now.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Okay, that anecdote made me verklempt.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎