X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Speaking of Glow In The dark toys....

I just recently bought some GITD Sculpey to use for fireflies for my doll camp. But I didn't use much, and now I have leftover Sculpey. I was thinking about buying old playdoh molds, (like Star Wars Chewbacca) and using him as the Wolfman. How I wish I could I could find molds of the Universal Monster heads, (like the Post cereal prizes) and make those!

Do you think this is a good idea? What would you do w/ leftover GITD Sculpey?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I think that's a FANTASTIC idea! I've been considering buying the old SW Pla-doh molds myself, so I'd love to see the results you'd get. Then, of course there are all those old thingmaker molds for creepy crawlies and such.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

You could always get the Play Doh Dr. Drill and Fill featured on the Plaid Stallions sight the other day and give him glow int he dark teeth-maybe then custom him to look like Dr. Teeth from the Muppets

I love the idea of glow in the dark clay (sculpey) , so many possibilities. I think what you had planned would look really sharp!

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Creepy Crawlers/Thingmaker molds
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

Don;t forget about playdohs count creepy head and friends which did come with molds for Frankenstein, Dracula, wolf man and the mummy

(http://www.plaidstallions.com/halloween/playdomonsters.jpg) I love this monster version of the playdo fuzzy pumper barber shop even though it doesn't make a lot of sense. Dig the perm on the skeleton. (http://www.plaidstallions.com/halloween/creepyhead.jpg) Charlie sent in these great pics of the Count Creepyhead playset,
          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• patches
            • Jan 12, 2015

Look and see if you can find some of those silicone Ice Cube/Candy trays they make these days. I know Lego offers a Minifig one. Plus there are tons of Star Wars ones. There might even be a Universal Monsters set. You would just have to be careful not to distort the tray when you pust the sculpy in. Also don't wait too long sculpy does have a limited shelf life.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎