Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vault Collectibles & FTC. Artist Proof variant, signed George Perez Wonder Woman

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

Vault Collectibles & FTC. Artist Proof variant, signed George Perez Wonder Woman

This looks new this week. Nice packaging for the JL Wonder Woman. I fail to see it listed yet on any FTC (main/exclusives, twitter of facebook) site.

Last edited by comicmike; Aug 13, '16, 3:38 PM.
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

My god Perez' work is beautiful. I really miss artists who could draw proper human beings.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

George Perez is best DC Artist! Fan of his since 1980 New Teen Titans #1 and loved his 1986 Wonder Woman revamp, wow 20 years Ago! Perez work on Titans and WW will never be Topped! I hope FTC uses Perez art like this on future Titans and Wonder Woman cards!

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by ovenmitt
        George Perez is best DC Artist! Fan of his since 1980 New Teen Titans #1 and loved his 1986 Wonder Woman revamp, wow 20 years Ago! Perez work on Titans and WW will never be Topped! I hope FTC uses Perez art like this on future Titans and Wonder Woman cards!
        1986 was actually 30 years ago #semantics :-)

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

Oh, yeah, 30 years ago when the Super Powers (Super Friends) cartoon and Kenner action figure line were also cancelled in 1986. I was 16. Wow I AM getting old.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

Love George's art and he is one of THE nicest artists/writers/creators you will ever meet. My one big beef about this is the sheer laziness of FTC to NOT make a figure that looks anywhere near George's version of Wonder Woman. At least put some sort of effort...this basically is "OK...we need to get rid of some Wonder Woman figures from our backstock....Let's do an artist proof with George Perez signing 100 total sets." Sorry, epic fail in my opinion. And if you are going to have George sign the cards...at least have him do it in his Comic Book signature. This company basically has not gotten any of my money beyond the "New" figures from the '66 Batman line and only the "new" version of Mxyptlk. Other than that they are just riding the wave until it peters out. There has not been one "WOW!" moment for me yet. I hope it comes soon...because I am tired of retread stuff from this company.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

^What exactly does it take to wow you? They've made over 60 original DC figures already. Riding the wave? What the heck are you talking about?

Captain Marvel Jr.
              Mary Marvel
              Sivana
              Ra's Al Ghul
              Scarecrow
              Commissioner Gordon
              Alfred
              66 Batman
              66 Robin
              66 Joker
              66 Riddler
              66 Bruce
              66 Dick
              66 Alfred
              66 Penguin
              66 Mad Hatter
              66 Shame
              66 King Tut
              66 Bookworm
              66 Mr. Freeze
              66 Barbara
              66 Batgirl
              66 O'Hara
              Bizarro
              Perry White
              Lois Lane
              Jimmy Olsen
              Ma Kent
              Pa Kent
              Superboy
              Lex Luthor
              Nightwing
              Cyborg
              Flash
              Green Lantern
              Martian Manhunter
              Plastic Man
              Zan
              Jayna
              Apache Chief
              Samurai
              El Dorado
              Toyman

I know there's a ton I'm forgetting...but it's obvious they've given us more than we could ever have hoped for. I don't get the complaining.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

About George Perez's signature-George has been battling vision problems the last few years, it has impacted his artwork in some ways and may also account for the changes in his signature. So the signature you are used to seeing on his signed comic book pages may well be a thing of the past and what you see is his current signature.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I can see Blue Meanie's point. FTC could have done a new screened suit with updated details and used a repainted brunette IG head to more accurately reflect Perez' Wonder Woman. This is just a means of moving inventory. Some will like it, I think it's cheesy.

As for "what we could have hoped for," that's subjective to a large degree. BM dislikes most of their figures. I'm disappointed by many of their figures, particularly from a production standpoint. Some members here are thrilled by them all.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    ^What exactly does it take to wow you? They've made over 60 original DC figures already. Riding the wave? What the heck are you talking about?

Captain Marvel Jr.
                    Mary Marvel
                    Sivana
                    Ra's Al Ghul
                    Scarecrow
                    Commissioner Gordon
                    Alfred
                    66 Batman
                    66 Robin
                    66 Joker
                    66 Riddler
                    66 Bruce
                    66 Dick
                    66 Alfred
                    66 Penguin
                    66 Mad Hatter
                    66 Shame
                    66 King Tut
                    66 Bookworm
                    66 Mr. Freeze
                    66 Barbara
                    66 Batgirl
                    66 O'Hara
                    Bizarro
                    Perry White
                    Lois Lane
                    Jimmy Olsen
                    Ma Kent
                    Pa Kent
                    Superboy
                    Lex Luthor
                    Nightwing
                    Cyborg
                    Flash
                    Green Lantern
                    Martian Manhunter
                    Plastic Man
                    Zan
                    Jayna
                    Apache Chief
                    Samurai
                    El Dorado
                    Toyman

I know there's a ton I'm forgetting...but it's obvious they've given us more than we could ever have hoped for. I don't get the complaining.
                    Quarter to half of your list is '66 Batman...Did you read my post??!!?? Not a Superman fan so those figures don't impress me. Could care less about Superfriends figures that have slight tweeks that make the figures look worse than the original 3rd generation casts that FTC is using for their Mego re-issues. The only 2 other figures on that list that remotely impress me are Ras Al Ghul and Cyborg from The Titans line. And I already have a Leitner Cyborg which is BETTER than the FTC figure. Alfred's head looks like it needs its own zip code for Pete's sake. Martian Manhunter was done better by Mattel. Green Lantern was done better by Mattel and Hasbro before it. Lex was done better by Mattel. Repackaging with slight tweaks to either the packaging itself or outfit is just LAZY. I've said it before and I'll say it yet again...FTC needs to come up with a new female body. They need to get a new sculptor that knows the scale of the figure. I'm absolutely bored with their choices of figures to do. How many times can you do Batman and Superman??!!?? They should have someone that ACTUALLY knows about the comic book characters they are representing with these figures. Doesn't seem that that is what they have in my opinion. Again, they still haven't wowed me yet. I was excited about the Titans line...but the only one in that line that came out looking decent was Cyborg and Nightwing. And Nightwing is barely decent. That head is like an orange on a toothpick. The outfit is spot on which is the real shame of the figure because if you could get that head down to the size it's supposed to be...it probably would be the BEST figure they've put out so far. '66 Batman line has been almost a complete HOMERUN for me with the exception of that Batgirl figure. I can even deal with the campiness of the rehashed figures like Bermuda shorts Batman etc. I didn't buy any of them...but I can deal with the fact that they exist. Again, this is my opinion and it is shared by some here on the Museum. I hate being force fed laziness when it comes to toys. Do something DIFFERENT and they haven't in my opinion. I'd be the first one to tell anyone...if you don't like it don't buy it. I don't like 3/4's to 85% of what they have put out so far. But the least any company can do is LISTEN to the complaints and try to see if they can make a BETTER product. They haven't in my opinion. Baggie outfits...disproportionate heads...repackaged figures that make no sense especially when the tweaks are so slight you can barely tell the difference. One last thing...I used to despise when McFarlane used to do repaints on his figure...but I understood why he did them. His figures were only 7 - 10 each and could usually have been had for $5.99 at Kay Bee...These rehashed figures that FTC is putting out have a base retail of $20 or more. For $20 or more...you better WOW!!!! me and they haven't. I complain because EVERYONE here knows that these figures can be done better. WE are their audience and it seems they haven't listened to ALL of their audience.
                    Last edited by Blue Meanie; Aug 14, '16, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

You'd think at the very least the logo on the figure would match the art.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                        Banned
                        • Jun 23, 2001

Oh yeah...I also forgot to mention : When are there 100 pieces in an artist proof??!!?? Maybe 10 pieces...and that's stretching the definition of an artist proof. Just say what it really is...a VERY LIMITED edition. But it in NO WAY is an artist's proof.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

I REALLY want this artwork! But I wish they had waited until the official WW Line figure was released to do it. I've always hated that particular figure as I never thought it did the character justice. It definitely doesn't do Perez's artwork justice.

This really just annoys me.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎