Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Friends Universe of Evil Super Enemies 5 figures set!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

This was as close to the Crime Syndicate as we got back in the day and I will be adding these to my collection. Just wish they would have included the evil Gleek.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

I think Batman's head looks just fine. I will be getting these.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I LOVE that Batman sculpt!!!!!! That said...his head is MASSIVIVE!! I'll buy one though if somebody would PLEASE shrink it down to normal size and make copies.
        sigpic

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Great call by FTC. Universe of Evil, I like how relevant these variations are.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
            The Man of Many Voices
            • Aug 30, 2005

Super Friends is the only series in which I will buy variants, especially the Super Enemies. I admit the big heads aren't that appealing, but in the case of the SuperFriends, I don't think it's that bad. In some episodes I've seen, the heads appeared bigger, so it looks similar. At least it's nice to have an idea of what Batman will look like. In terms of variants, I would love to see others, like the Viking costumes Mxyzptlk zapped on them in the episode "The Rise and Fall of the Super Friends" or how about Superman,Wonder Woman, and Aquaman in the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Lion outfits from "Planet of Oz". There's also aging Superman from "Terror From the Phantom Zone" or Superman as the Black Knight of Camelon in "Space Knights of Camelon" I'd be cool with Superman and the Wonder Twins as vampires from "Attack of the Vampire". Even better, how about the Super Monster from "Super Friends Meet Frankenstein. Anyway, these are thoughts of other variants that came from the Super Friends when they were mutated or otherwise. I also hope this line has a nice, long run. Here's hoping the main lines will have Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Wonder Dog, Rima, Atom, and Firestorm.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
              Career Member
              • Apr 30, 2015

WOW, check out that bonce on the Bat.

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

I hope it's just a bad pic on bats because it almost looks like a head for 12" body

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I know people are calling these variants, but I look at them as whole new characters. I can display these with the regular Super Friends and not feel like I am duplicating characters on the shelf. That is why these are an even bigger Win in my book.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                    Super Friends is the only series in which I will buy variants, especially the Super Enemies. I admit the big heads aren't that appealing, but in the case of the SuperFriends, I don't think it's that bad. In some episodes I've seen, the heads appeared bigger, so it looks similar. At least it's nice to have an idea of what Batman will look like. In terms of variants, I would love to see others, like the Viking costumes Mxyzptlk zapped on them in the episode "The Rise and Fall of the Super Friends" or how about Superman,Wonder Woman, and Aquaman in the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Lion outfits from "Planet of Oz". There's also aging Superman from "Terror From the Phantom Zone" or Superman as the Black Knight of Camelon in "Space Knights of Camelon" I'd be cool with Superman and the Wonder Twins as vampires from "Attack of the Vampire". Even better, how about the Super Monster from "Super Friends Meet Frankenstein. Anyway, these are thoughts of other variants that came from the Super Friends when they were mutated or otherwise. I also hope this line has a nice, long run. Here's hoping the main lines will have Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Wonder Dog, Rima, Atom, and Firestorm.
                    I don't think just any variant would do... these are really an inspired choice. That said, Planet of Oz could be interesting.

Comment

• likewow
                      • Feb 28, 2015

My heart had palpitations when I saw these in the newsletter! I had no idea these figures were on anyone's radar. This episode of 'Super Friends' made a big impression on me.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by wise guy
                        I hope it's just a bad pic on bats because it almost looks like a head for 12" body
                        EXACTLY! That head size is just REDICULOUS!
                        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by TRDouble
                          I know people are calling these variants, but I look at them as whole new characters. I can display these with the regular Super Friends and not feel like I am duplicating characters on the shelf. That is why these are an even bigger Win in my book.
                          I agree. These are an entirely different line with completely different production outfits, not just rearranged parts from existing lines. In terms of Batman's head, that absolutely looks like a photo-shopped image so I'm not hung up on the proportions. At least not just yet. The sculpt itself looks really cool, so I'll withdraw any judgement of scale being off until I see the actual piece.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
                            In terms of Batman's head, that absolutely looks like a photo-shopped image so I'm not hung up on the proportions. At least not just yet. The sculpt itself looks really cool, so I'll withdraw any judgement of scale being off until I see the actual piece.
                            Man, I do hope you're right...because I really do like that sculpt.
                            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
                              Man, I do hope you're right...because I really do like that sculpt.
                              Amen brother.

Comment

• Robin NY
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Nov 13, 2008

Batman's head is monstrous, can't do it

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎