Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Gah! I want mine to show up dang it. Not supposed to get here till Thursday.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Mine showed up on the 13th too. My 7 year old son watched me open it and had some interest in them. I pulled out a boxed Force Commander and let him play with it as well.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Gah, it looks like Fed Ex tried to deliver mine to my office on Saturday when of course we were closed. Their website said they would try again the next business day, but so far nothing...

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Yay, mine showed up today. Good thing I bought it to open, not to sell, because the box looks a little bit beat up. I love how they include a cardboard mockup of the Astro Station, gotta figure out the best way to display all this.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

fedex says it is out for delivery today. Looking forward to the opening.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Now that I can see it in person, I'm loving the Ken Kelly artwork on this. It's too bad that it doesn't look like he is credited on the packaging though, his work is a big part of this whole presentation.

BTW, still available on Hasbro's website, guess they could have allowed at least two per customer.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

I would have loved to do the 2 per customer and gotten some shipping, tho they might have come scrambled. Hasbro does not seem to be too concerned about padding the contents of their collectables.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

^Mine arrived all jacked up. It was upside down in the box, and the top of the display box has a huge box cutter gash across it which pretty much ruined it for display. I contacted HTS about a return and it sounded like such an unbelievable PITA I just said forget it.

So, I opened mine and freed all the figures. I have no frame of reference since I never owned any original Micronauts, but these feel extremely cheap. The shoulders feel like they will break if you try to rotate the arms at all, and the hands just fall right off. There is absolutely nothing holding them on.

I won't be buying any more of them.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Luckily, mine did not have any issues on the packaging. Tho the box they came in was crunched up and there was only one smallish piece of paper wadding trying to hold things in place in the oversized box. Tho I wouldn't call the original micronauts fragile, I would say the plastic figures were a bit easier to break than the typical 5 point figure of the time. The die cast ones were pretty solid. They did always have the issue of small parts getting easily lost.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

Got mine today, and it's pretty awesome. It took some doing to get all the plastic off the base, so it could be displayed properly, but nothing major.

And yes, the Micronauts seem somewhat frail, compared to say Star Wars or GI Joe from the same time frame. I'm hoping these guys hold up to some minor play. Pics soon.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

I hope they're better quality than the Palisades stuff.

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

They are now sold out at hasbrotoyshop.com. I hope that means they sold well and will make more!
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by pmwasson
                            They are now sold out at hasbrotoyshop.com. I hope that means they sold well and will make more!
                            Hmm, a 2 week sell through, sort of. Weren't they going to be available at FanExpo in Canada too? I am not sure on the dates of that show, but I wonder if they have stock left over after that show they will be available again on their website? I really don't have enough context to evaluate what the 2 week sell through means though-is that fast or slow for comparable SDCC exclusives this year? In past years? I also don't know what Hasbro's tendency is in announcing upcoming lines-is it common to wait until Toy Fair 2017 (Feb) before they announce what is in the works or do they have presentations/presence at shows like the NYCC in October?

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 28, 2013

I would like to see some more done in the vintage style, but I dont see Hasbro revisiting the style outside the occasional exclusive. I hope I am wrong but I dont see the vintage translating over to the new comic designs or the pictures from the Hasbro style guide that's been shown.

Comment

• MRP
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                                I would like to see some more done in the vintage style, but I dont see Hasbro revisiting the style outside the occasional exclusive. I hope I am wrong but I dont see the vintage translating over to the new comic designs or the pictures from the Hasbro style guide that's been shown.
                                Do you have a link to that style guide perchance, or an idea where someone interested (like myself) could take a gander at it?

-M
                                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎