X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Does anybody collect the...

...Baron Karza and Force Commander magnetic figures, and the other magnetic figures like them? There's a lot more of them out there than I thought. I just started collecting them. It's slightly addicting.
  • justzeg18
    Career Member
    • May 5, 2003

I only have a palisades re-release, but I do enjoy them.
    I go back and forth all the time about diving head first into a micronauts collection.
    Haven't taken the plunge yet.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

I just started collecting Micronauts after not having had them since I was a kid. Karza was my favorite, but I haven't gotten him yet. The first piece I picked up was Andromeda, his steed. The only other pieces I have gotten were Biotron, Microtron and the Hornetroid at the last toy show I went to. I was hoping to get a Karza at that toy show, but only one dealer had Micronauts and he didn't have a Karza. He had an incomplete and severely beat up Force Commander, but I passed getting the other three instead. There's a larger toy show coming up in September (The Columbus Toy Show) and Karza is the top of my priority list if I can find a dealer with him for sale (I prefer buying toys in person rather than online, I like the thrill of the hunt and ebay and such makes it too easy and less fun for me.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'd love a few token Micronauts in my collection, particularly Karza which was my favorite, too. But I heard the Palisades reissues fall apart?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I had Karza and Force Commander as a kid. they ruled. I sold them, mostly complete, back around 2003

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

The Palisades Andromeda and Oberon were what was falling apart. I got a set of Baron Karza and Andromeda and he arrived with a back leg broke off at the knee. When I took Andromeda out of the box, his other back leg fell apart, and I wasn't even touching the leg. I was holding his body by the top. So, the Baron and Force commander are okay, but not great, and the horses suck! I've got a clear red Baron Karza set on the way, with broken horse legs. Palisades are good for fancy colors, but not for quality. I've got a few others on the way, too. I think I like Jeeg the best, but Palisades didn't re-make him.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

A lot of the Palisades Micros had serious QC issues, it wasn't their fault, I think they got screwed by the overseas manufacturers.

I love all Magnemo figures (what they call them in Japan). I think that Takara's Jeeg was the first (and was what Mego based their Karza and Force Commander figures on). Takara has reissued Jeeg since, which can probably be had for a much more reasonable price than the original. Right now the only magnetic figures I have are the Italian GiG Black Hole ones, but I'd eventually like to get Karza, Force Commander and the others too.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

I've got an original Jeeg. He's awesome! I have the reissue figure, too. And the clear version. And the black version. And I'm going to make some customs...

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

I just picked up a mostly complete (no box) Force Commander figure at the Columbus Toy Show...

I have an Andromeda too, and Karza is near the top of my list of things to get (no one had one at the show).

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• number 6
                    Village Idiot
                    • Jul 10, 2003

I'd love to get Force Commander, Baron Karza, Oberon and Andromida since I had those as a kid. They were some of my favorites of the Micronauts line.

But I've never aggressively pursued them because I'd want them unused MIB and they don't seem to come up for sale in that condition very often. And I don't even want to think about how much they would cost.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by MRP
                      I just picked up a mostly complete (no box) Force Commander figure at the Columbus Toy Show...

I have an Andromeda too, and Karza is near the top of my list of things to get (no one had one at the show).

-M
                      Too bad he's missing his packs magnetic joints and chest missile. How much did he cost? That's a nice score!

Comment

• tmthor
                        God of Knock-offs
                        • Nov 29, 2005

I have all the Palisides ones as well as my originals One of my favs was the Gold Baron Karza's I got way back when BBTS clearenced the line

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

The gold one is super cool looking.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

I've had the big two and their horses since I was a kid. Picked up the Emperor somewhere in the 90's, as well as Palisades' Falcon, and got the gray-ish Andromeda with red accents last year at the Meet. Want to get the heads for the Green and Red Barons and see if I can get the more common bodies cheaper to repaint.

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              Too bad he's missing his packs magnetic joints and chest missile. How much did he cost? That's a nice score!
                              oops I never answered you Lonnie. He was $45.

-M

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎