X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mighty Crusaders Remco Parachutist Figure

There is no greater time in a toy collector's journey then when they find that something that they thought existed, actually does.

Well I guess, finding it for a dollar would trump that but no such luck here. After decades of searching I have found my white whale, the very last produced Parachutist figures by Remco/AHI, The Mighty Crusaders.

More after the jump.

I present you with the Web parachutist figure, as you can see he's "Good", which likely means they also made the "Evil" character which seems to be the Sting.

While the Shield is on the package, the only Remco/AHI Rack Toys I have ever found feature the Web or the Sting. There is a Web/Sting Helicopter set, both Motorcycles are known to exist (mine is pictured below) and I know someone who has the Sting water gun.

The figure itself is the standard AHI parachute figure we knew and love for the 70s and early 80s.

I think it's fair to say that most of the Mighty Crusaders Rack Toys pictured on the back of the card got made albeit in miniscule quantities.

The back of this card features a price sticker from Sears which surprises me, I would have thought they were something only found in discount chains.

I'm always excited to find something I didn't know existed because that just means there is a possibility more toys exist, just waiting to be found.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I just do not recall this figures. I had DC & Marvel items and I think I had a parachute Dynomutt but that was it. I wish I could remember seeing Mighty Crusaders.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Wow, love those so much!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Wow! Congrats on the find! I don't recall the Rack Toys at all. This Web figure loos a lot like his action figure counterpart, which makes sense.

The drawings on the back are interesting. Looks like they show a Shield parachutist. And the saucer guns of Web and Sting look like the old Spidey and Batman guns.

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing!!!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I saw so many iterations of this with the superheroes on the bikes and parachutes, it has a wonderful familiarity to it. I wouldn't doubt I saw these too, just don't remember them because of the generic branding. Very cool score.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎