Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

The pics can look a lot worse than the actual figure and this is the case with the Martiamn Manhunter which looks terrible in a pic, and yet I really like it in hand.
    I will buy at least one Batgirl but if she looks better in person than I'll buy a few more.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      wonder if she has a rooting hole.
      doesn't matter because you can't see it on 66 Batgirl...its hidden under the hair

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

*sigh*
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
          doesn't matter because you can't see it on 66 Batgirl...its hidden under the hair
          you just don't need a rooting hole. It was a screw up plain and simple.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

you just don't need a rooting hole. It was a screw up plain and simple.
            Don't care...she looks good on my shelf after fixing her up and you can't see the hole

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I'm pretty sure most people already know this, doll hair isn't rooted by pushing a large mass of hairs through one large hole. Hand rooting hair is done by a few strands at a time through numerous tiny holes.

Factory rooting actually sews the hair into the doll head.

Have you ever wondered what the hair rooting process in mass-production looks like? In this video, I go behind the scenes to show you just that!Want to see ...
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I like it. Nice to see the purse red.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  *sigh*

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
                    The pics can look a lot worse than the actual figure and this is the case with the Martiamn Manhunter which looks terrible in a pic, and yet I really like it in hand.
                    I will buy at least one Batgirl but if she looks better in person than I'll buy a few more.
                    Sounds like you scored with your MM. I got mine and the head sculpt was atrocious. Looks like something that was thrown together at the last minute with no finish. There were holes, tool marks and raw edges all over the head. There was even a finger print left in it. Horrible. That fact that it was too big notwithstanding, it is one of the worst I've seen as far as finished quality.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      I'm pretty sure most people already know this, doll hair isn't rooted by pushing a large mass of hairs through one large hole. Hand rooting hair is done by a few strands at a time through numerous tiny holes.

Factory rooting actually sews the hair into the doll head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVk7QYOeY6s
                      Yeah, most people do. Teemu thinks it was made as an access hole to do the rooting.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Yeah, most people do. Teemu thinks it was made as an access hole to do the rooting.
                        you sure are hell bent over a hole you can't even see

Comment

• Slarivier
                          • Sep 21, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
                          One more time, using Teemu's 1966 Batgirl as a reference instead of the FTC prototype shots...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19196[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]19197[/ATTACH]

I am going with similar, but brand new sculpt.

And FTC, The Farrow (if he did it) can do a decent, open mouth female head sculpt. I like this Catwoman, even with the jaw issue:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19198[/ATTACH]

I think the Batgirl sculpt matches the reference picture it is show with, but that's a 2D picture, not 3D. The translation is too 1:1 and was not sculpted for a 3D model.
                          I actually love the Catwoman headsculpt, and the jaw looks just fine. Batgirl's however looks like a butternut squash with an overbite.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                            Custom Mego Maker
                            • Jun 3, 2007

wondrous!

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Slarivier
                              I actually love the Catwoman headsculpt, and the jaw looks just fine. Batgirl's however looks like a butternut squash with an overbite.
                              Catwoman's head looks so much better, Batgrl looks like she went into shock.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎