X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Famous Covers Magneto head transfer to mego size

I am thinking about how much I like this head on this Magneto Famous covers doll. It is way too small for the Famous covers body and I am possibly going to transport it to a mego body.
    I love this helmet that goes with it.

Anyone here do this? How should I do it? Any advice?
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Oh Boy!A chance to show off My Magnito! Yes...You're right, the size is PERFECT for a Mego Body!!
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Glad the FC pinheads are good for something.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Glad the FC pinheads are good for something.

No arguement there....they sure looked like Crap on the FC Bodies. But the Magnito Head, is definately Mego size.
        sigpic

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
          Stuck in a laundry shoot.
          • Oct 8, 2007

That is one of the better looking Magneto customs I have seen. Well done.
          "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Yes the xfer looks good. Question is; how does one go about altering the neck stem/hole to fit a mego body?

rche

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by rche
              Yes the xfer looks good. Question is; how does one go about altering the neck stem/hole to fit a mego body?

rche
              That was my original question. Still no one has answered it.
              More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Looks like no one is willing to give up the trade secrets. I was thinking of casting a neck stump from an original t2 head and adding a ball in socket barbell to the top. Sort of the way bbi or rah bodies are done. Of course this will take the time to cast and mold and trim....

For quick and simple, I suppose one could cut the bottom off of a throwaway head and epoxy it onto the FC portrait. It would only be a cut joint, but then again so are all the other classic megos.

Somebody did a real nice Doom with an FC portrait a little while ago. Should dig that post up and ask them what they did with the joint.

good luck with it
                rche

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

It was Megospidey with the Doom. But, he was using a different 8" body. Not Mego. So I suppose that lead is bunk.

rche

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

pretty sure this would work, use a wooden ball that fits in the fc head and restring it Flatt style.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by rche
                      For quick and simple, I suppose one could cut the bottom off of a throwaway head and epoxy it onto the FC portrait. It would only be a cut joint, but then again so are all the other classic megos.
                      rche

That's basicly what I did. Original MEGO neckplug(cut to size), Epoxy(and Plastic pole)into the bottom half....than epoxy it to th FC head.

Or the easy wasy out....Dave Mc sells a cast of this Head, that already has a Neckplug. Of course it has to be painted....and the Paint might rub on the Helmut.
                      Last edited by The Bat; Apr 17, '08, 6:00 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• garagesale
                        Dept. of Mego Studies
                        • Aug 8, 2006

Ok, here's what I've done with heads like that. I've used some different techniques, but this one has worked for me: I have taken a broken-at-the-knee T-2 calf piece, shoved it up into the neck (sometimes I've dremeled off the leg piece when it's too long), then I use the ankle hole (the foot is off) to link the internal part of the neck to the other limbs with the elastic string. BTW, I've got a few too many broken, "useless" Mego parts.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎