Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vinny0026 Vin's Universe - Time to make the Guacamole!??? Green Lantern DeadPool

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Vinny0026 Vin's Universe - Time to make the Guacamole!??? Green Lantern DeadPool

Time to make the Guacamole!???
    Green Lantern-DeadPool or Dead Lantern?? No one really seems to know what to call this guy - lol

Had this guy in the works for a while – just so much running around with the kids in the summer that there is not a lot of Custom or Toy time. Finally got to finish him up yesterday.

I’m not sure where the art came from (I just pulled it off the internet) – but this was an easy mash up the fans wanted to see and make once Ryan Reynolds was cast to play Deadpool - so I’m sure that those pics were floating out there for a while.

The head is cast from the Diamond Select 3 pack – I got if from Lonnie – Thanks Lonnie!
    Black Knight painted it for me – Thanks J!

The suit is the white DP suit from the 3 pack – I just carefully painted it with fabric paint. It came out much better than I expected. And best part is that it is not all stiff and won’t crack down the line. Camera must be on its way out - some pics the suit looks like it has waves, swirls or lines - But the figure does not have these marks.

Body is Type S from 8 inch super store – Thanks Dave Lee!
    – with the upgraded arm and leg kit for more flexibility – which I should have put to better use for these pictures! LOL

I did not like the Chest Symbol on the fan art – So I designed my own, and Laser Mego printed it out for me – Thanks Paul!

Belts, Straps and holsters made by me, - I also repainted the hands and boots to match the suit. I will replace his ring at some point in time. Once I find an upgrade.

I have to do some photo shop to add the symbol onto the fan art before I ask Toyroom to make me a card backer for this guy – this way it will match 

Thanks for looking
    Enjoy!

Last edited by Vinny0026; Jun 25, '19, 8:49 PM.
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

wow that is one fantastic looking figure vinny you can't tell the suit has been painted at all .those belts and holsters are great as usual.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Great minds Vin - I have 'Dead Lantern' in the works. I'd like to buy about ten of the white DP suits to pay with.

He looks fantastic.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Just what Wade needs, a GL ring. Be afraid, very afraid. Nice figure Vinny!!
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

That's looks great, looking mean in green.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 12, 2016

I like it! Fabric paint? The suit came out really well, I'd swear it came that way from the factory.

Comment

• Grimjohn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 28, 2011

Fantastic job Vinny!!! Love it!
              My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Apjac Corny
                I like it! Fabric paint? The suit came out really well, I'd swear it came that way from the factory.
                Yes, I'd have sworn you'd dyed it. Nice figure--and the new symbol is so much better.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                  Year Five!!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Thanks Guys!
                  To be Honest dying clothes has only workout for me a handful of times. Most of the time I ruin the clothes, waste my money on RIT, and make a mess of stove! LOL!

It has only worked a few times for me and now I'm gun shy to attempt it unless there is no other option.

In my limited experience - Most mego size clothes today will not take the Dye and if they do its never exactly the color you wanted it to be. I did not want to ruin the white DP suit, and after Lonnie tried dying one red and it became pink (I think it was Lonnie) I figured this material was 1 that would not take they dye correctly.

So I took a different approach on this and happened to luck out with the fabric paint and just painting the suit. In most cases if you use normal paint the suit will become stiff as a board - and might even crack. This did not. The suit was the first thing I finished about 2 months ago and just took the pictures sunday - you can see no signs that it was painted - its still very flexible (not stiff) and no cracks.

I'm a huge Ryan Reynolds fan so really wanted to make this figure. Only ran into him once (outside of David Letterman) and he was real cool - signed a GL picture for me. Really have to try and wait for him next time he is around NYC to try and get a DP picture signed.

Hard to see the auto from this pic - but its right next to the GL section (these are old pics have to take some new ones - collection has grown a bunch since these)

Comment

• hawkmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2003

great job!..but dude you made the suit green....well at least it's not animated.
                    wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• Vinny0026
                      Year Five!!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by hawkmike
                      great job!..but dude you made the suit green....well at least it's not animated.
                      HAHA - I put it on twitter and that was the tag I used at least its not animated" lmao

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Really cool!

Comment

• harvestcrusader
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jul 10, 2015

nice - total different look - wa go bro saw this on FB today also definite candidate for COTW

Comment

• Vinny0026
                            Year Five!!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

Sorry for the Bump on this guys - I tried cleaning up my photobucket account - and did not realize switching folders would cause the pics to go away - So I just added the new links back in. Sorry. Actually have to up date a few links now But I'll limit them to 1 a week. I have like 4 to fix now ugggg!

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

He looks amazing, V!
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢