• Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Wonder Woman trailer

http://www.superherohype.com/news/37...-here#/slide/1

I'm surprised this has not been posted yet

so it looks like in the DCCU WW kills people too. I know she has killed in the comics(max Lord) but this still seems like a lot of killing for her

still, the movie looks great, can't wait to see it
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

I'm not sure how people who don't know the character from the comics are supposed to understand the trailer---but, since I know a bit about WW: i.e. "The Trevor character in the WW mythology" "The Greek mythology connection in the WW mythology" "WW's feminist POV" and "WW's Captain America-ish period-piece trappings"---I like the trailer just fine----P.S. Best hero music theme since Elfman's Batman.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      http://www.superherohype.com/news/37...-here#/slide/1

I'm surprised this has not been posted yet

I still, the movie looks great, can't wait to see it

And you aren't the only one. This could be DC's answer to Captain America. Which was very well received.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

WOW! This will be DC's best and biggest movie yet!

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

I resisted Batman V Superman on the grounds of reviews read here and my own opinion of "Man of Steel". (Hint: DC seems to HATE their "properties" while Marvel seems to cherish their "characters". My opinion, stated as a sidebar to give you folks a glimpse into my thinking on what's to follow.)

I read your reviews on this board and two things jumped out at me: 1....Ben Affleck didn't suck and 2...WONDER WOMAN!!!!

So, I've been awaiting this, hoping it will be what I need it to be to my 15 year old Niece that I have steeped in Tales of Nerdery and hoped that I could teach "Comics are absolutely valid, not kid stuff, and something we ALL can learn from."

Well, she seems to get it...so far. She grew up on "Tiny Titans", loves "Supergirl", "Smallville", "The Flash", "Peggy Carter" and all of the Marvel flicks. However, I need her to see why Wonder Woman is part of "The Trinity". I need her to understand that comics have their shortcomings, BUT there is THE ONE female character that has developed over the years to ALWAYS hold her own and doesn't need to be bailed out by a man. I am hoping this movie does it and that it is a HUUUUGE success. There have been writers who absolutely nailed it (Darwyn Cooke in "New Frontier" comes to mind) but having Wonder Woman as the lead.....let's just say I want this movie to be among the greats. A righting of ship for DC, a step in the right direction, and an eye-opener for the public at large.

(Sorry to seem so obliging to this movie, but kids make you understand and wish for things you never saw yourself "getting on board for".)

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
            I'm not sure how people who don't know the character from the comics are supposed to understand the trailer---but, since I know a bit about WW: i.e. "The Trevor character in the WW mythology" "The Greek mythology connection in the WW mythology" "WW's feminist POV" and "WW's Captain America-ish period-piece trappings"---I like the trailer just fine.
            I'm confused by your post--to me, the trailer effectively suggests those very elements you have in quotes. Isn't it successful in shorthanding those concepts to an "average" viewer?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
              http://megomuseum.com/community/show...e-Wonder-Woman

And you aren't the only one. This could be DC's answer to Captain America. Which was very well received.
              If you're referring to The First Avenger specifically, then (IMHO): Not "well received" enough. I mean, if I hear one more "(the pseudo-Bourne) Winter Soldier was a better movie than (the awesomely traditional take on Cap's origins in) TFA" I'll join Hydra.

Whatever you intent was, I do have to say that if the (obviously TFA influenced) WW movie is half as good as CA:TFA, then we'll have a winner here with the WW movie.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I'm confused by your post--to me, the trailer effectively suggests those very elements you have in quotes. Isn't it successful in shorthanding those concepts to an "average" viewer?
                Yes. Successful at shorthanding disjointed concepts----and to an average viewer, that should add up to "confusion". As far as any "story" anyway.

To a comicbook fan, you're not gonna really notice that.

Kinda like how I didn't even notice what a lot of comicbook fans noticed with the "Martha" debacle in BvS---why----because I had seen that "Batman's stance abruptly affected by an allusion to his parents" trope used in a Timmverse JL episode (where it made much more sense)----if I couldn't realize that at the time, it makes it more understandable to me right now why you and many others here---me included (who all know the basic WW comicbook stuff) could easily overlook that the WW trailer far from makes clear what the heck is going on in that movie.
                Last edited by huedell; Jul 30, '16, 9:37 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
                  I can realize why you and many others here (who know the basic WW comicbook stuff) could easily overlook that the WW trailer far from makes clear what the heck is going on in that movie.
                  I don't know, my partner--who really only knows WW from the Superfriends--grasped it well enough. It doesn't seem more disjointed to me than a typical trailer. But as usual, we stand corrected.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

I don't know, my partner--who really only knows WW from the Superfriends--grasped it well enough.
                    I can't speak for your partner (or your in person take of their take)... but my assumption is that what people will connect with, if they "only know WW from the Superfriends"--- which BTW, is kinda the comicbook crowd I'm talking about anyway---is that they are less "Grasping what the movie is about" (i.e. the story) than simply "Excited that a Wonder Woman movie is going to be released" regardless of what the story even is.

My concern is the people who wouldn't be inclined to pay extra attention because of maybe "their partner's joy of an impending WW movie" or possibly their own "Superfriends/Lynda Carter" optimistic expectations.

If things like that aren't there, then what else is there to latch onto----even if they have been bred to anticipate superhero movies due to the pop culture infestation that the MCU kickstarted? Without more incentive via info about the WW movie's content in the trailer, they're likely to stick to the MCU---especially after the half-baked impression BvS made on the world.

It doesn't seem more disjointed to me than a typical trailer.
                    Agreed that many popcorn wham-bam flicks do show more "sizzle" than "story" in their trailers----it's just, I was hoping for better from the first solo Wonder Woman feature trailer ever---especially in light of the convoluted plot of the movie in which she previously had an appearance (alongside those two other heroes).
                    Last edited by huedell; Jul 30, '16, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                      http://megomuseum.com/community/show...e-Wonder-Woman

oops. guess I should have scrolled further back, LOL

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

This just looks incredible
                        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• YoungOnce
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 29, 2007

I think this trailer is a home run. And that lasso is the bomb.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

The trailer looks very engaging. I'm definitely interested.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Trailer footage works well with the 70s TV show music.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎