X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
    If you don't want to pay the $99,just get the vans from EE. Go with their "not mint" versions. I got my Batcave that way and I'm happy with it.
    I'll keep my eye on that particular site... eBay... what have you.

At $70 I'd grab one, I suppose.

At $60, I might have even got two or three.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

given that the usual figure msrp at CTVT is now 30ish dollars, its 69 for the van.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        given that the usual figure msrp at CTVT is now 30ish dollars, its 69 for the van.
        Unless they're sold separately, it's still $99 for the van---plus shipping.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Ninersphan1
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Right and given as the figures hold zero interest for me, I'd gladly pay just the $69 for the van, but as of now that's not an option.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I think you will see them loose from ctvt once they realize they aren't selling all that well. See the GW Shark for insight into that. Wonder girl is the best of the bunch, the other 3 are painful recycled figures again, and I won't pay 99 bucks to get her and have a useless space occupier in my junk pile.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

I'm in for a Wonder Girl once they have her available in the bag. But I don't have the space or the will for the vans. Once they have the first Wonder Woman wave out, I may get a WW case for them all.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I love the TT van and figure! I don't have a Batlab, so I'm in for that, too. (I have a nice vintage Jokermobile, but FTC could clean up by offering sticker-sets .)

The blue/white GCPD van is very interesting because I've wanted to do a Fantastic Four van for years and who wants to kill a $$$$ AJ camper to make one.

I hope that we'd see another wave of DC vans including a Jokermobile, not to mention ones for the Monkees and Scooby-doo.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I love the TT van and figure! I don't have a Batlab, so I'm in for that, too.
                  Same here regarding the Batlab---and, frankly, I think they're all impressive. The Police van not so much as the others... but displaying a good number of villains in there strikes me as a pretty cool possibility. You mentioned in the WW movie thread that Shazam and Aquaman were two of your favorites... well, if I had my way, EVERY hero in the WGSH line would have their own van... and Shazam and Aquaman would be my top two desired "new" vans. I can see why the Aquaman one might never see production, but, I think a Shazam van is a no-brainer for a second wave anchored by the Jokermobile.

(I have a nice vintage Jokermobile,
                  I'm envious!

but FTC could clean up by offering sticker-sets .)
                  Anything that can level the playing field for that great highly desired item---I'd imagine a notable number of parts from the toy would sell well separately.

The blue/white GCPD van is very interesting because I've wanted to do a Fantastic Four van for years and who wants to kill a $$$$ AJ camper to make one.
                  I'm with any WGSH van concepts---Fantastic Four being the one that makes the most sense. That said: What's stopping FTC from making Marvel WGSH vans? I mean, yeah, the figure licence is obviously out of bounds---but what the heck kind of complicated constraints are protective over a retro style 8-inch scale vehicle in Marvel's legal department?

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                  I'm in for a Wonder Girl once they have her available in the bag. But I don't have the space or the will for the vans.
                  I'm looking at the vans as a space saver. Maybe it's naive (I've never owned one) but I'm thinking I can display enough figures IN the vans to make up for the space.... even if I have to display the vans like convertibles (no top) to see the figures better.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

The Jokermobile is the only one I would be interested, but at $100, I don't know.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

lol Hue, I can only say I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm and pick my FTC "battles"--so I'd rather see a Batcave reworked as the Aquacave for the Sea King, than an Aquavan. But FTC is crazy if they don't consider a Shazam! camper with Mentor/Uncle Dudley figure. Especially considering that how most casual fans "get" Capt. Marvel.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎