• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep

Here is the full image.
    The costume is an okay variation on a theme. Perhaps they allowed an early shot to "leak" to see what kind of feedback they would get and adjust accordingly. So here's a little suit feedback...

Cape length is good and looks like it actually has some weight to it. My complaint with Cavill's cape is that it pretty much drug the floor. Hopefully, this cape will be sporting the yellow "S" on it.

The suit itself is okay. Would still prefer his red underoos, but I guess you can't fight City Hall, or in this case, WB/DC. I wish they could've adjusted the blues on both Kal El's and Kara's to be a bit brighter and more representative of the hope the two characters are supposed to engender.

I actually kind of dig the way the cape connects into the suit, almost like some type of hidden parachute-type clip hiding under the gold epaulets. My one wish it that they would have pulled the whole cape attachment area and neckline in a little tighter on the neck, that way it would reduce the, I dunno, kind of really loooong neck appearance it creates now.

One thing they nailed that I hope they don't change: whomever designed it FINALLY got the Superman chevron on his chest right! I think that's the biggest it's been since Reeve's suits back in the 70s and 80s. Colors look to be a little brighter that those on either the SR suit or the current MOS/BvS/JL suit which makes it stand out more. Now put that same chevron on Kara's suit and we're talking pretty close to perfect (at least for her).
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by hedrap
      That's him 2016. He's not model fit anymore. Dude is 38.

He looks like a hybrid of the Reeves now.
      When I saw the movie Draft Day, I thought, "Wow, this is a nice role for Scott Foley..." until I saw it was Welling in the credits.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

One guy in another forum posted this...

"Is it going to be weird that Jimmy Olson will be twice the size of Superman?'

sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

He looks more like a Bratz doll than a Super Man. That said, his look matches that of TV's Flash. They should've got Brandon Ruth.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mego Milk
            Custom Mego Maker
            • Jun 3, 2007

I think he looks good.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

It looks like there is so much Photoshop around the head and neck region, that might be playing role in why he seems kind of "off". I'll have to wait and see footage before I
              make a final judgement.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                Career Member
                • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                It looks like there is so much Photoshop around the head and neck region, that might be playing role in why he seems kind of "off". I'll have to wait and see footage before I
                make a final judgement.
                Yep. Standing and posing is just one aspect. The voice and acting will be the determining factor. Get the essence of Supes and that's all that matters to me.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Looks like Superboy...Not Superman. I'm hoping it's the angle that the picture is taken at.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Here he is in action...

sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Last edited by enyawd72; Jul 29, '16, 4:20 AM.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                        A Ray of Sunshine
                        • Jun 17, 2001

I still only see Supergirl She's just hard to move my eyes over from.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          Morrissey is Superman.

Morrissey is Superman.:lol i didn't know this was a thing until i googled it ,but this guy has cast morrissey as supes in his comics ,too funny

as a manchester born lad ,iim strangely proud of the salford lads one ,any way the guy casts sussie from the banshees bob smith billy idol and devo ,funny stuff :lol

off topic i know but thought it would be of interest ,any way here's johnny ..............rotten as firestorm:lol

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

Just not getting a Superman vibe from that guy at all.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                              I was hoping for Welling.
                              Same here! People can crap on welling all they want, but at least he LOOKED like Superman. This guy...not AT ALL!

Tom Welling was Chris Reeve's pick to take his place.
                              sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                                8 Inch Action Figure
                                • Nov 15, 2005

Okay, first impression (and I've been wrong from first image impressions before): He looks like a decent cosplayer from this summer's Comic-con. Lean and muscular, yes, but lacking the heft it takes to look like Superman, IMHO. Reeve was a bit thin in the '78 Superman but I think still looked like he had more mass than this. And with his amazing acting, he made you believe he was Superman. I'd have preferred red trunks and a cape attached at the neckline, like Reeve or even Caine had. I'm mystified by this "bolt the cape on" look that seems to be favored by costume designers since Batman Forever -- I just don't like the look at all and don't get why it keeps cropping up. The emblem and cape look good. Overall, I can live with the color. The actor himself is a little too CW in his looks for my taste, but I'm sure that's by design.

I know he's Ray Palmer in this continuity, but it's a shame they have a perfectly good actor-- with Supermanning experience on his resume -- hanging around who has the right look both for Supes in general and as Kara's older, more experienced cousin specifically.

187mdnqbxoqb0jpg.jpg
                                Last edited by knight errant00; Jul 29, '16, 2:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎