Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Khan originally intended to be Gary Mitchell in reboot?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

The V'ger - Borg connection is interesting at first glance but after a few thoughts V'ger is just too technically advanced to come from Borgland.

Yes it gained knowledge along the way, but it still had to be given a humongous amount of space to start with ...

and on top of that, I don't think the Borg would even bother with it because it's just a machine.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

I did not watch or read anything prior to seeing the movie and thought it was leading up to Mitchell -or even Pike before the Kahn reveal.

I wish they would have done anything else. I did not need a second Kahn movie when there are so many Trek stories to expand upon.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Did I mention that I missed not having Alice Eve in Star Trek Beyond? Well, I did.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I guess I'm one of the few people who really liked Star Trek: Into Darkness. That said...when I first heard the Gary Mitchell rumor I really hoped it was TRUE! Always loved that story and character...would've loved to have seen what they would have done with it.
          sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
            8 Inch Action Figure
            • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
            Only big thing I remember about ST V was around the release Harve Bennet said in an interview that Shatner wanted to do a Mudd adventure, but Carmel had past a week before IV was released. Shatner may have mentioned it in one of his books. I don't know if he was supposed to be Sybok or if that storyline came about because Carmel was gone. I think it's the latter.
            That's interesting -- the way I heard it (and who knows where the truth in these stories is) was Mudd was supposed to be in The Voyage Home, and that when the crew went back to 1987 San Francisco, they'd bump into Harry Mudd, who had managed to timewarp himself somehow at some point and had been stuck there for a while. That was the movie Eddie Murphy was supposedly interested in doing (it's said he's a big ST fan) and he would have played a young street hustler/con man who worked with Mudd and was all about UFOs and alien conspiracies. Then Murphy couldn't work out the exact salary and size of the role, and Carmel became ill and the whole idea was morphed into just Gillian as their 20th century contact character.

But how amazingly fun and funny could that have been? Potential to go too far, sure, but Nimoy and Bennett seemed to be in have pretty solid control when they were running the series, and Murphy's then-escalating ego might have been tamed by fanboy impulses of getting to work with lifelong heroes.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎