X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Quality of the CTVT Female Bodies?

Has anyone ordered any female bodies from CTVT? If so, how is the quality? Better than the quality of some of the FTC female figures? Recent releases, like Raven and Starfire, have had pretty good quality bodies. My Wonder Woman is good too. I was starting to migrate the hunched over bodies to Doc Mego female bodies, but after seeing a good side-by-side comparison, I now longer wish to do that as I prefer the CTVT/FTC body.

So I am hoping to buy a few if they have been okay, since my restringing efforts of the bad bodies has been less than great.
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

I have had pretty good luck using FTC female bodies on custom figures but I had a few with broken feet over time. I too was buying Doc Mego female figures but they
    kept falling apart so I stopped using them.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

FTC and CTVT are the same company. So, same bodies. I've gotten Harley and Batgirl and both were junk, fused knees, waists and elbows. Then they both were hunched if I freed up the waist.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        FTC and CTVT are the same company. So, same bodies. I've gotten Harley and Batgirl and both were junk, fused knees, waists and elbows. Then they both were hunched if I freed up the waist.
        Yeah, I know, but CTVT is the site that sells the bodies. I've been lucky not to have any fused parts, but the hunched issue has been a repeated problem for me after the Catwoman figure, which was fine. I think it started with the repro Batgirl through the Kresge Harley and Mary Marvel, minus at least the one Wonder Woman I opened. I wish I could get the restringing of the body nice and tight because when it functions, it is a nice Mego-style female body.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

You of course want to stay away from the India body.i bought some made in china bodies and their good.ftc had a problem with the body during the run of their first wonder women.supergirl and bat girl.the neck stem was within the torso.they have corrected that with every gal and reissued figure after that problem.so far I have had no problems with them.i had to replace bodies on those three gals that did.

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

The original issue was that they used the same 'rubber band' that was meant to go between the arms and legs and used it to attach the head/neck. It was waaaaaaaay too tight and pulled the neck into the torso and hunched the body over. I restrung mine and posted the how to in the FTC MODs, Tips and Tricks thread. The bodies were fairly fragile as well. I don't know if they improved or not because I stopped buying since back then. The only current figure I bought was a Martian Manhunter I found at a local bookstore for $14, which i felt was a better price for the quality.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

The question I have about the ctvt female bodies is, which is better? The articulated female body or
              the non articulated female body? would they be strung the same way or is one better/ tighter than the other?

Doing a custom project and want to pick up a female body, but don't want junk or have to restring it.

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

The non articulated body that was used for daisy duke is awful.its not strung together.the parts are put together like a cheap plastic doll .the legs are very loose.the daisy's are on a YouTube video .so you can see for yourself.the articulated made in china is the best right now in my opinion.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

I recommend staying away from the non-articulated bodies. They just aren't worth it.

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
                    Teen Titan
                    • Feb 21, 2016

I'm very pleased with the body of my FTC Lois Lane. It's tight and poseable as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎