Billy Batson
    Uncle Marvel
    Black Adam
    Ibac

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

As long as Black Adam doesn't have that overdone, pointy looking caricature of a sculpt, I MIGHT be tempted to buy him.
      JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

I was just doing my somewhat usual search for "mego head" on ebay and thought the Dorothy head would have been near perfect as Mary Marvel. If I were to buy the Mary Marvel figure, I'd probably replace either the big eyed head or the Invisible Girl head with Dorothy. I think it would fit better with the rest of the Marvels.

Also, as a note, the original Daisy Duke head with black hair would be pretty suitable for Wonder Girl.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Betcha won't be tempted. Try modifying a Klingon head.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Thanks for the review. I still do and like Capt. Sivana, I'll definitely be picking him up when they release these loos and bagged.
            Jr. is starting to grow on me, I may pick him up and get him a Red Cape swap. While I like Mary's suit here better than
            the Kregse Mary, if nothing else I'd buy that suit loose and upgrade my custom Mary Marvel from
            when I was a kid. For Me, While this new cap is indeed spot on, I still have waaaay too much love for my OEM Cap,
            so I wont replace him. Still, I do like his suit, belt and boots...hmmmm.....
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• OCSuperman
              Museum Patron
              • Sep 4, 2014

I was just thinking the same about a Dorothy/Mary switch. If you do this, please post some pics!

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

I'd like to see the results too of the Dorothy head. I imagine the results will be great, but I wonder if my imagination is optimistic.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Along with my Teen Titans figures, I also just unboxed my Shazam! Series one figures.

Shazam: Just damn near perfection IMHO. Nailed the source material. Nice, clean, head sculpt that is just the right size. Nice costume. Love the cape. Shazam!

Shazam Jr: This too is a nice figure. The head sculpt is a bit rough and looks a tad angry but overall I think it turned out good. Not sure how Shazam's sculpt can be so spot-on and smooth and Jr's is so rough and smarmy looking but I'll survive. Nice figure overall and the costume is very well done.

Mary Marvel: She'll do in a pinch. Totally happy with the head sculpt even thought it's another re-purposed head (Supergirl, WW, Jane, Lois). It is far superior to the recent spat of deformed original female heads we have gotten (Raven, Starfire, WW, Batgirl). Does she stand up straight? No. Does that surprise me? No. Pretty decent costume overall. I'd give her one semi-enthusiastic thumb up.

Dr. Sivana: Solid figure. Nice costume and the bulbous head works for this figure.

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

Looks like that Mary Marvel is still on the screwed up body with the arm/leg rubber band pulling the neck into to torso and hunching her over. Same F'd up body they used at the very beginning, Catwoman and SuperGirl had that same issue.
                    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by jayraytee
                      Looks like that Mary Marvel is still on the screwed up body with the arm/leg rubber band pulling the neck into to torso and hunching her over. Same F'd up body they used at the very beginning, Catwoman and SuperGirl had that same issue.
                      I know the exact issue you are referring to. The Mary I got didn't have that issue. The band is still too tight and it contorts her body but at least her neck was outside the chest cavity where it belongs. I'm working on a fix for this and will let everyone know when and if it works out.

Comment

• Figure8
                        Museum Patron
                        • May 18, 2016

Originally posted by Figure8
                        Very nice sculpt on Jr. I like the C. C. Beck approach for the Captain Marvel head, but I guess I'll have to hold him in my hand to really judge it. I'm still glad I got the Kresge Mary. I'm not sure why but somehow I really like that figure. The IG sculpt just works better for me than the dollface.
                        Sorry for reviving this old thread. It's painful how much patience I need for this hobby over here. After almost 7 months I finally hold the Shazam figure in my hand and I just had to reply to my own post ... What a great figure. The suit is just perfect I think. I wasn't sure about the sculpt at first. The head is slightly too big and I'm still not really happy with FTC's sculpting style (flat faces with too little detail, open mouths etc.) But this is still the best Mego-style represantation of the character I have seen. I believe it's FTC's greatest hero figure so far and I hope it doesn't take too long until I hold Jr. in my hands as well!

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

I like bumping up old posts! Because it's not new (the figure) doesn't mean people can't still comment on it. Glad you like Captain Marvel, overall. Jr. might still be my favorite of the series though.

Comment

• darkbros
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by OCSuperman
                            I was just thinking the same about a Dorothy/Mary switch. If you do this, please post some pics!
                            Here is one I did with the Kregse Mary Suit. It was one of the things I've waited over 20 years for as I had
                            Dorothy in "placeholder status" since 1993 trying to figure out how I was going to her finish her.
                            To FTC's credit, they made this one wish come true. For that, they get some love.
                            see below:

sorry-about-the-dropbox-link-gallery-still-not working

Now my unique twists:
                            1. I hate the supergirl slippers! So I had a pair of OEM Batgirl boots for the longest, just transferred those over.
                            Eventually will replace with some yellow Catwoman Style boots ( to mimic her Golden Age look)
                            2. Cape taken from a Mattel Retro Shazam from the parts bin.

Man, 20 years. And she's finally done.....

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 3, 2010

Very nice, I like it
                              mego's befo ho's

Comment

• darkbros
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by mego maniac mark
                                Very nice, I like it

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎