X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Scott Eastwood as Deathstroke?

Baby Eastwood starts as an unnamed "Slade Wilson" soldier...but rumors are that somehow during Suicide Squad...that he'll end up as the baddest mercenary of them all...Deathstroke...

What says my fellow Megoheads?

sigpic
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

I don't know how the Nightwing talk started, but WB was never going to waste a blue chipper like Eastwood on a role anyone can play. I said from his stealth casting Deathstroke was the only real choice as he looks like a blend of Clint and Kurt Russell, and Slade can be made into the perfect anti-hero, a sort of reverse Batman. You get one shot to cast these guys at a cheaper rate before they erupt and if the studio chooses the wrong role, it's ovah. Like Channing Tatum and GI Joe. Paramount screwed themselves.

I could have seen Green Lantern or even Green Arrow, but Lantern doesn't fit in Squad and Ammel has a lot of clout thanks to saving CW.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

That would make sense, but I would argue against the thought that "anyone" can play Nightwing. Despite DC's best efforts, he's still one of the company's most popular characters.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

NO!! We need Scott Eastwood as Wolverine when Hughe Jackman retires.

sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Bat - I totally agree, and I think Marvel does too, which is why I think WB had the "GQ" role revised. If he's really playing a throwaway...Ayers is not a dumb guy.

Chris - you're right about Nightwing. I guess I meant anybody can play Robin.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎