X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

DCnU Animated Universe: Justice League Dark

The clip features various animations shorts intermingled with behind-the-scenes interviews with Justice League Dark’s creators. The clip teases, “There are things that are beyond us, and that’s why the Justice League Dark is there.”

Creative Director Mike Carlin said that, “Justice League Dark is what it sounds like. It’s the dark side of justice. A group of supernatural heroes who band together loosely to take on occult threats, supernatural threats - threats that the real Justice League may be powerless against.” Of course, the team itself is taken straight from DC Comics’ titular comics that were first published in November 2011. The Justice League Dark crew was comprised of characters such as John Constantine, Zatanna, Swamp Thing, Etrigan the Demon, and Black Orchid. These characters look as if they’ll be included in WB’s feature, and the classic Justice League team will also make an appearance with heroes like Green Lantern and Batman in tow.

“The mainstream heroes are not the right guys for the job,” Carlin continues. “These are not guys who go to meetings and sit around a table. They kind of appear and disappear when needed.”

Producer James Tucker drives home one very important note on the film, saying, “It’s a Justice League movie, but it’s not....They don’t look like your typical superheroes. They’re outcasts. No one is happy when they show up. If anything, with Justice League Dark, everyones' frightened when they show up. They misunderstand them, so having monstrous people do heroic things is always kind of cool.”

Standing at just over 8 minutes, the sneak peak provides fans with exclusive concept art and details which will whet anyone’s appetite for the upcoming film. Right now, fans can expect Justice League Dark to hit Blu-Ray, DVD, and VOD later this fall. Comicbook.com
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

This looks very cool. I am not a fan of Deadman' voice, though. Not what I envisioned a spectre to sound like. Looking forward to seeing this one.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

And yes Matt Ryan does the voice of Constantine!!!

Ok lets list the characters shown:

Justice League Dark:
      John Constantine
      Zatanna
      Deadman
      Jason Blood/Etrigan
      Swamp Thing
      Black Orchid
      House of Mystery

Justice League
      Batman
      Wonder Woman
      Superman
      Aquaman
      Flash
      Martian Manhunter
      Hawkman
      Green Lantern John Stewart

Villians:
      Felix Faust
      Demons Three
      alot of demons

Other characters:
      Merlin the Great

Thats a long list of characters to have but at least the JL will not be in it for much.
      Last edited by monitor_ep; Jul 26, '16, 4:50 PM.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
        This looks very cool. I am not a fan of Deadman' voice, though. Not what I envisioned a spectre to sound like.
        It's exactly what I envisioned that particular spectre to sound like: As he sounded in his JLU/DCAU appearance.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

meh, really tired of that animation style, or lack of style. Also, no Frankenstein.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Will Cain or Able be showing up?

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

The House of Mystery has been used in the JLD comic book as a bases and Cain & Able have not shown up so I would say no. Could be an easter egg with a painting though.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

In the past few years, it seemed like DC animation has really shied away from anything that wasn't Batman or Superman related. Glad there is a big push for this, and hoping that they are doing it to try and pave the way for a live action Big Screen movie version.

We've never really seen a proper depiction of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing on the screen. Hoping they really get it right here in his appearance, especially alongside Constantine.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎