• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Riverdale

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Well, in my opinion, this show sucks really bad!! It's total garbage! I'd suggest not even attempting a viewing.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I never was an Archie fan so this is an easy pass for me. plus, from what I hear, other than the names, this show has nothing to do with the comics

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          Well, in my opinion, this show sucks really bad!! It's total garbage! I'd suggest not even attempting a viewing.
          I've not seen much about it, but what I have has looked intriguing. The Archie Gang meets Twin Peaks vibe is different, and it looks like it is shot beautifully. Is your problem with the acting? The story? The deviations from the classic comic? If it is a stinker, I don't want to waste my time with it.

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

Just started episode one tonight so no opinion yet.
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
              I've not seen much about it, but what I have has looked intriguing. The Archie Gang meets Twin Peaks vibe is different, and it looks like it is shot beautifully. Is your problem with the acting? The story? The deviations from the classic comic? If it is a stinker, I don't want to waste my time with it.
              The story isn't interesting, and the characters aren't anything like the originals. I can say no more...

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Fair enough. I was just curious... I'm not enough of an Archie fan to be bothered by "not like the originals", but an uninteresting story is not a good sign.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                  Fair enough. I was just curious... I'm not enough of an Archie fan to be bothered by "not like the originals", but an uninteresting story is not a good sign.
                  Some might find it interesting, but I found it to be offensive at a lot of points in the show. It deals with subject matter that is not how any of the original characters would have acted or participated in. If I wasn't a fan of the comics, I still wouldn't watch it. Too many agendas being pushed in something that I wanted to watch. I find no character in it likeable. You can try it and see if it's got anything you find interesting.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 14, 2012

I grew up reading Archie comics, and I'm a huge fan of Twin Peaks, so I was willing to give this show a chance. But I wasn't very impressed with the pilot. The "Twin Peaks" elements are all on the surface, but there is none of that deep-down strangeness that made Twin Peaks so creepy, weird, and cool. Nor is there any of the goofy, charming fun that I enjoyed from Archie comics when I was a kid. It's basically just a typical CW teen drama with a murder-mystery and Archie comics characters shoehorned in. After watching it, it's hard for me to imagine who this show is going to appeal to.

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

I didn't hate it but don't know if it has a long-term future. I actually would have liked it better without the murder mystery. As far as the characters I compare this to Marvel's ultimate line. A different universe with a harder edge. I am willing to at least check out the next episode. The biggest problem it has is it doesn't really stand out.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                        Hot Child in the City
                        • Jul 3, 2008

Wanted to give it a try, as I like the alternative Archie comics like Afterlife & Sabrina. But I only made it 1/2 way through and gave up. I understand it's not the same classic characters, but c'mon!
                        Archie & Miss Grundy(!) in a student teacher sex case? Not to mention statutory rape since Archie is (supposed) only 16 years old- a high school sophmore. I'm no prude, and I see this stuff on the news a lot, but I found it offensive. Just my opinion, but no.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                          Wanted to give it a try, as I like the alternative Archie comics like Afterlife & Sabrina. But I only made it 1/2 way through and gave up. I understand it's not the same classic characters, but c'mon!
                          Archie & Miss Grundy(!) in a student teacher sex case? Not to mention statutory rape since Archie is (supposed) only 16 years old- a high school sophmore. I'm no prude, and I see this stuff on the news a lot, but I found it offensive. Just my opinion, but no.
                          Yeah, Archie and Miss Grundy. Totally makes the show a joke, in my opinion. I think it should be yanked from the future broadcast schedule...

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Archie has changed so many times over the years you just have to take it as another version. What gets me is it seems like they may be working in there own version of Archie Zombie comic book.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎