Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most of Aliens cast together again at Comic Con...plus...Alien 5 might happen...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Most of Aliens cast together again at Comic Con...plus...Alien 5 might happen...

...but the production is on hold until Ridley Scott's own Alien Covenant (Prometheus 2) is all set and done.

Here's most of the cast, most notable no show, Jenette Goldstein/Private Vasquez (who I thought ruled):

As much as I'm looking forward to Scott's Alien Covenant...I'm even more pumped by Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5, which is rumored to bring back Sigourney Weaver as Ripley...and even more awesome, Michael Biehn as Corporal Dywane Hicks, and a 27 year old actress to play the adult Newt (the original actress is now in her 30s and is a school teacher).

I actually enjoyed and like Alien 3, it's not a bad film...the problem with that flick is that it killed off both Hicks and Newt in the very begging...disrespecting and undermining the entire point of Aliens success.

Alien 3 and 4 will not exist in the undoing Alien universe.

About time this gets fixed.

That's just way too awesome...

sigpic
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Who are the two woman to the left ? (not counting Weaver)

I'm pretty sure the tall blonde to the right is Newt

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Producer Gale Anne Hurd on the far left.

The petite brunette and the tall dude (in the center), well, they are fans, he proposed to her there, him and his girlfriend were invited up to the podium...

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

How cool was that?

...yeah, that's "Newt" on the far right...

Here she is with Bill "Hudson" Paxton...

sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

I still like Alien 3, particularly the director's cut.
        However, Alien Resurrection remains terrible and should be considered apocryphal.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
          I'm even more pumped by Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5, which is rumored to bring back Sigourney Weaver as Ripley...and even more awesome, Michael Biehn as Corporal Dywane Hicks, and a 27 year old actress to play the adult Newt (the original actress is now in her 30s and is a school teacher).
          I am hopeful for this too. Blomkamp has been taking an angry internet beating for both Elysium and Chappie, both of which I enjoyed. They didn't tread new ground storywise, but they were well-made, and easily digestible entertainment. I think he'd do very well with Alien.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Agreed...
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
              I still like Alien 3, particularly the director's cut.
              However, Alien Resurrection remains terrible and should be considered apocryphal.
              As I said before, I also like Alien 3, except the very beginning, killing off Hicks and Newt, totally unnecessary...as James Cameron said, a slap in the face to Aliens. Aside from that, Alien 3 is a highly unappreciated and underrated film.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I just couldn't get onboard for Alien Resurrection...the whole concept and premise of Ripley being a clone...completely lost me...
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

One of the most illogical scenes in the entire series...I take that back, the most illogical scene in the entire series...a fresh newborn (hybrid or not) kills its full grown adult mother with just one swipe, talk about ridiculous...

sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

I liked all of them, but I'm open to an "alternate reality" and more sequels that take a different turn.
                    Last thing I heard, Blomkamp's movie isn't doing well, as "Hollywood" didn't make enough money on his last movies.
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

^That's a shame. I think audiences would flock to ALIEN 5, not because of Blomkamp's name, but because of the brand name. I guess you're only as good as your latest hit, which is the reason John Carpenter isn't making films anymore.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

There's enough material in the Alien universe to allow many versions, you wouldn't even have to respect chronology.
                        How about the Colonial Marines, before their encounter with Ripley, going on one of their earlier bug hunts?
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• SKotK
                          Career Member
                          • Mar 11, 2014

I have always been in agreement with what previous posters here have said about Alien 3 & 4 here.

While I do think Alien 3 is technically a good film (especially the extended version with some of the pointlessly-removed material put back in), it's a real bummer of a franchise-killer because it broke one of the cardinal rules of filmmaking: you don't spend an entire previous movie trying to save a character (Newt) and then kill that character off before your film even begins. The second Ewoks TV movie did this same thing by killing off the parents in the first few minutes, basically undoing what the kids spent THE ENTIRE PREVIOUS MOVIE doing: saving their parents from danger! It just pre-empted the whole rest of the movie after that and made it absolutely depressing, the same way Alien 3 did. So I don't mind disregarding the events of Alien 3.

Alien 4 shouldn't even have happened, given that Alien 3 was such a bummer. When I first heard about the project and who was involved (Joss Whedon, Jean-Pierre Jeunet), I was overjoyed - it couldn't possibly turn out bad. But it did. It was one of the worst travesties ever seen on-screen, in my book. So I would even accept Alien 3 as the conclusion to the franchise if it meant Alien 4 never happened. But if we want to ignore Alien 3 and 4 and pick up where Aliens left off, even better.

I always liked the direction the Dark Horse Aliens comic series went with a grown-up Newt and so forth, showing the problems the characters faced after their return back home. I was always disappointed that the third Alien film didn't go off more in that direction. And Prometheus, while stunningly gorgeous, was a bitter disappointment story and character-wise. Alien 5 sounds very promising, if it ever gets off the ground.

--SKot
                          Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎