Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

While I've always really liked that McQuarrie design, I'm glad they originally went with a more recognizably Constitution class look for the ship back then.

Now, for Discovery however... it's a great use of the design and I'm thrilled to see it dusted off and finally implemented for something.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Majere
      We're getting awfully close to a political discussion here, aren't we? I couldn't care less about your prime minister, or your views on Canada's "multicultural" constitution. Let's just leave that nonsense out of this forum, please.
      Nope. What I've been advocating the entire discussion is a NON POLITICAL view on the works of Bryan Fuller and my NON POLITICAL inclusive stance around what you continue to attempt to define in a political context.

Humourous approach is obviously not working.

Vulcan Logic then.

That you couldn't care less, is exactly the reason why you don't grasp the RELATIVISM I've been suggesting as the alternative to your divisive political opinion, which I'll remind you, is something you introduced into the discussion and continued to try and peddle through usage of the term, "new left".

In the 60's an interracial kiss on Star Trek was considered politically divisive. Today, in the western world, outside of it's importance historically, that same interracial kiss is decidedly NON POLITICAL. RELATIVISM.

Here is a FACT. Not my view. Fact. The context I live in, what you consider to be political, is rendered decidedly NON POLITICAL because the majority of elected officials from both the defined Right and Left are in complete agreement. It has become Non-Issue and All Sides see it as part of the rearview mirror rather than the road ahead. Made plainly clear this past month, as All Parties were clearly seen publicly courting the exact same spectrum of constituents. RELATIVISM.

I'm waving at you from the 23rd century here! It's awesome. Our snowmobiles fly, and the replicators specialize in Poutine and Tarte au Sucre.
      Last edited by samurainoir; Aug 1, '16, 10:45 PM.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

Hahaha! Oh, Canada.

If the climate weren't so cold up there, I might consider emigrating.

However, considering how cold the political climate is getting down here, I might actually consider immigrating...

Anyway, Shatner's from Canada so it can't be all that bad, right?

--SKot
        Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Majere
          Banned
          • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by samurainoir
          Nope. What I've been advocating the entire discussion is a NON POLITICAL view on the works of Bryan Fuller and my NON POLITICAL inclusive stance around what you continue to attempt to define in a political context.

Humourous approach is obviously not working.

Vulcan Logic then.

That you couldn't care less, is exactly the reason why you don't grasp the RELATIVISM I've been suggesting as the alternative to your divisive political opinion, which I'll remind you, is something you introduced into the discussion and continued to try and peddle through usage of the term, "new left".

In the 60's an interracial kiss on Star Trek was considered politically divisive. Today, in the western world, outside of it's importance historically, that same interracial kiss is decidedly NON POLITICAL. RELATIVISM.

Here is a FACT. Not my view. Fact. The context I live in, what you consider to be political, is rendered decidedly NON POLITICAL because the majority of elected officials from both the defined Right and Left are in complete agreement. It has become Non-Issue and All Sides see it as part of the rearview mirror rather than the road ahead. Made plainly clear this past month, as All Parties were clearly seen publicly courting the exact same spectrum of constituents. RELATIVISM.

I'm waving at you from the 23rd century here! It's awesome. Our snowmobiles fly, and the replicators specialize in Poutine and Tarte au Sucre.
          Did you just smash your keyboard and post the results, or did any of that actually make sense to you?

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

Wow

“When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Aaaaanyway....

Pre-TOS has been confirmed by Fuller. I'll take my No-Prize, thank you.

AICN EXCLUSIVE!! Is STAR TREK DISCOVERY Set Post-Janeway?? Is It Connected to Section 31?? Learn Now!!

My Bet: Discovery is going to explain what the George Kirkverse is up to...then reboot Movie Trek with Hemsworth in the lead.

The reason is outside of Thor, Hemsworth is box office Hemlock. He needs a backup franchise as his Marvel days post-Infinity are hazy. I know Paramount wanted him for He-Man as they hoping to announce something by this fall. It looks like he said no and Trek is the compromise.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Rereading threads like these is always interesting.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

There was another press release that the ship design is not finalized. So what we see in the preview is not exactly how the ship will look. I don't know of that is true or backpedalling of some sort.

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  It still amazes me that a seemingly harmless thread can turn on a dime.
                  My favorite was "Custom Mego Massacre" Brian should get an award of some kind for the punch-line/last post in that one. It was a classic! We have to archive these things for future entertainment.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

More show details provided by Fuller:

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

Please don't let this turn into another Star Trek voyager.
                      Ten years before tos does sound promising.
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Don't like the ship ... looks too much like the STTMP early concept art

Comment

• Majere
                          Banned
                          • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                          More show details provided by Fuller:

http://www.startrek.com/article/brya...covery-details
                          Reinforces everything I fear will be wrong with this show.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Majere
                            Reinforces everything I fear will be wrong with this show.
                            Yeah...I won't be signing up for CBS streaming right away.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Just more PC silliness just for the sake of doing it.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Majere
                                Banned
                                • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                                Just more PC silliness just for the sake of doing it.
                                Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎