Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JRT!
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 6, 2015

Well guess I'm the only one who's REALLY looking forward to this and not going totally OC with the complaints I see on other sites,lol! Looking forward to Orville as well. And even Galaxy Quest! lol!

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

No, you are not the only one...read all the comments...

I'm in...
      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I'm out!
        sigpic

Comment

• JRT!
          Museum Super Collector
          • Sep 6, 2015

I did read all the comments,a very mixed bag,lol!

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I'm in for the pilot, I like to check things out and you know, make up my own mind. None of what i see here (minor retcons, Klingons changing etc) didn't happen when TNG came out, I remember the first year fans hated the hell out of it and now it's beloved, so this too could pass.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

As with most new science fiction shows, whether they're TREK based or not, I'll give the pilot a looksee and go from there. If nothing in said pilot grabs a hold of me enough to draw me back in, then I simply won't watch anymore. Pretty cut and dried.
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• JRT!
                Museum Super Collector
                • Sep 6, 2015

But a LOT of times a pilot isn't really that good,it's just the introduction to something that COULD get better. I usually watch the pilot for a new show,and the first two or three epiosdes after that,to get a better feel for it. If by then I don't like it,I drop it from my watch list,lol! There are of course shows I never bother to watch at all,but that has more to do with liking the setting,genre,etc. But I'm REALLY looking forward to this one! And I guess I should've said,I,for ONE,in my post. Not,guess I'm the only one,lol.

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Great piece about Discovery, written by somebody no stranger to Mego or Star Trek. Zach's grandparents owned Parkdale Novelty, Mego's Canadian arm.

The Discovery is docked in the Port Lands, the cast has a few Trekkies and other things we learned from a cast roundtable and a tour of the show's set

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

Tonight's the night! No "official" reviews until after the show airs, but there's an abundance of positive comments out there from outlets that have seen the first two or three episodes..

It's not so much the money that bothers me for signing up for CBS All Access, it's that the service currently has very little else that interests me. I don't watch any of the CBS shows, and I don't need to watch classic reruns that I can already find via Netflix (if I even cared to watch them, which I don't).

But one thing that does have some appeal is being able to watch some CBS NFL games that aren't aired on my local CBS channel.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

The Orville made me have no inspiration to even watch the new Trek series.

Kudos to Fox for getting it out there a few weeks ahead of Trek

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                        Tonight's the night! No "official" reviews until after the show airs, but there's an abundance of positive comments out there from outlets that have seen the first two or three episodes..

It's not so much the money that bothers me for signing up for CBS All Access, it's that the service currently has very little else that interests me. I don't watch any of the CBS shows, and I don't need to watch classic reruns that I can already find via Netflix (if I even cared to watch them, which I don't).

But one thing that does have some appeal is being able to watch some CBS NFL games that aren't aired on my local CBS channel.
                        It's set on my DVR...I can't wait to watch it. But like you, it really has to be good, for the only CBS show I watch is Big Bang Theory, and that's free. Other CBS NFL games ars a good idea, never thought of that, Thanks.
                        Last edited by Hector; Sep 24, '17, 2:56 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

CBS Access is only $6 a month, so if I really like it, I'm in...
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

It's just on regular old TV here in Canada, so I can't imagine it won't be pirated in a Game of Thronesy way soon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

Three quarters of the way through and so far kind of "meh." Doesn't feel like Roddenberry or Abrams TREK, either one. Feels, so far, like STINO...

PS: Lotsa damn commercials.
                              Last edited by emeraldknight47; Sep 24, '17, 8:41 PM.
                              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
                                • Jun 16, 2001

I can't handle the commercials, going to bed and I'll watch it later.

I don't hate it but I'm kind of irritated so I'm not "wow" either. I don't like the new klingons, not that I mind change but I just find they're over done.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎