• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
    Farscape, man, I loved that show...
    Amen, Hector, amen. Those who've never seen it have no idea what they're missing, do they?
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

My fave Star Trek TV shows, from best to worst:

1. Star Trek original series
      2. Deep Space 9
      3. The Next Generation
      4. Voyager
      5. The animated series
      6. Enterprise

Discovery, remains to be seen...

Or should that be "remains to be discovered....?" LOL!
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

My fave Star Trek TV shows, from best to worst:

1. Star Trek original series
        2. Deep Space 9
        3. The Next Generation
        4. Voyager
        5. The animated series
        6. Enterprise

Discovery, remains to be seen...

Your list of TREK rankings is similar to mine, Hec, with a few minor tweaks....

1. ST:TOS - Because without it, really, would there BE any other TREKS? Plus the Kirk/Spock/McCoy triumvirate has yet to really be equaled (IMHO) in modern pop culture.

2. ST:TNG - Make it so! OK, compared to Kirk, Picard was definitely more diplomat and less cowboy, but he had strongmen Riker, Data and Worf to do the heavy lifting for him. Plus, Season Three cliffhanger---"I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is futIle (gotta have that Brit "I"). Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service US." "Mister Worf----FIRE." Had me on the edge of my seat for months!

3. ENTERPRISE - Because I'm a big fan of Scott Bakula, seeing how things get their start and, ya gotta admit, the ship design for the NX-01 is pretty damn sweet! Plus, Porthos! Who doesn't like beagles?

4. ST: TAS - We got decent animation, original actors voicing their characters and some truly mind blowing s**t that you'd never see in a live action show (until these days) due to budgetary constraints and the sheer limitations of practical and photographic effects.

5. ST:DS9 - Because Sisko was a cool-cat, bad-arse before Samuel Jackson was, especially with the addition of facial hair.

6. ST:V - Janeway was acceptable as a female captain, part Kirk and part Picard. Tuvok is my second favorite Vulcan, the holographic Doctor was always entertaining, B'Elanna Torres made ridged noggins sexy and Seven of Nine, well, she was just WOW! Ship design probably the saddest of the shows (although I'm not a huge fan of Discovery's appearance as of yet). Did have one of my fave TREK two-parters, "Year of Hell," with Kurtwood Smith as a badarse alien determined to wipe Janeway out (although I did keep expecting him to call some "dumbarse" at some point).

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Those are not minor tweaks...those are MAJOR tweaks!

Enterprise listed at three and DS9 at five?

The only thing I liked about Enterprise was Jolene Blalock as T'Pol...

DS9 was friggin awesome...the Dominion War was baddarze...it made TNG almost boring.

Photon torpedoes coming at ya!

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Those are not minor tweaks...those are MAJOR tweaks!

Enterprise listed at three and DS9 at five?

The only thing I liked about Enterprise was Jolene Blalock as T'Pol...

DS9 was friggin awesome...the Dominion War was baddarze...it made TNG almost boring.

Photon torpedoes coming at ya!

Please don't fire on me, Cap'n! LOL!

As is the case with pretty much everything on this list, one thing begets another. So, without TOS, no TNG, without TNG, no Wolf 359, henceforth no Sisko and likely no DS9.

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
              Amen, Hector, amen. Those who've never seen it have no idea what they're missing, do they?
              The was one episode of Farscape that I found to be the funniest episode of science-fiction or any series ever made!

More funny that Red Dwarf in parts.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                valar morghulis
                • Mar 8, 2005

New promotional ad.. kinda cool in that you can use the pointer icon in the upper left corner to spin 360° around the ships..

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

oof that gave me motion sickness, I am getting old.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Farscape, man, I loved that show...
                    me too. great show that was way ahead of it's time. I have the entire run on disc. really great cast and not afraid to make fun of itself.

that new Discovery promo still tells us nothing about the show. I mean it is set to debut in 4 months or so, shouldn't they be showing a bit more by this point?

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      that new Discovery promo still tells us nothing about the show. I mean it is set to debut in 4 months or so, shouldn't they be showing a bit more by this point?
                      That promo wasn't really for Discovery as much as it was for the new multimedia company that's creating "VR Experience" content for Trek. As a Trek brand, they just tied-in to Discovery at the end. I just shared it here so folks could play with it.

Discovery hasn't even started filming yet. Scheduled to start later this month.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

Sarek has been cast, but the premiere has been pushed back again..

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

so is the show to be set after the events of Trek 6? I am confused in what timeframe the show takes place

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                            valar morghulis
                            • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                            so is the show to be set after the events of Trek 6? I am confused in what timeframe the show takes place
                            It takes place 10 yrs before TOS.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

He is a decent actor, and I can see the similarities with Mark Leonard. And hopefully the delay will give CBS time to rethink their terrible online strategy for the show.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                                It takes place 10 yrs before TOS.
                                That makes me wonder if Lt. Kirk will appear in it. (maybe Lieutenant-Commander by then...)

It would have been cool if it was the same year as TMP, complete with the look of the TMP novels and book cover art, with 1979 style hair and mustaches.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎