X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Re-Rooter
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by sprytel
    Oh man... what a crazy ride this first season was! I so love this show.

Hey, Scott Gimple and The Walking Dead gang... *that* is how you end a season with people wanting more. No cheaps stunts that leave the season feeling incomplete. Bring the season's storyline to a satisfying conclusion, but still leave the audience on the edge of their seats over the new story it sets up. I won't say more so I don't spoil anything.

But seriously, if you aren't watching this show yet then you need to go binge watch this thing.

Slightly off topic, but I feel there is no fixing TWD. Every year they change out the producers, writers and whatnot without ever getting better results. We gave up after season 5 (Beth's death was just so wrong) and watch Z Nation instead. Or one of the other dozen dis-topian shows on right now that are better.
    -Diana

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Is anyone watching the final season of this show? It has got more weird and psychedelic each episode and I am eating it up with a spoon! I absolutely love this show!! Every week, I can't believe a show this weird, this creative and this different is actually on television.

It started with creating such a fuzzy sense of what was reality and what was not or possibly that it was all reality and not. The second season just more and more weird, doing a wondrous job of mixing different planes and different character perspectives. This final season maybe the best examples of surrealism in decades. Following this plot is akin to looking at those Magic Eye posters except you need to un-focus all of your senses.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I loved season 1, and mostly loved season 2. I really *wanted* to love season 3... but I'm not sure it worked. {SLIGHT SPOILERS TO FOLLOW} The unexpected musical numbers and such became all too expected and formulaic. The impossibly high "end of the world" stakes seemed surprisingly low stakes, probably because there was no character who was either good enough or bad enough to root for. The previous seasons seemed to make creative use of the medium to develop the characters and the messages. This season just felt to me more about style over substance.

I'm still happy that Legion provided a vehicle for something with a creative and distinct point-of-view... and a great cast... but still thought the final season was a bit of letdown.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

I hear what you're saying about connecting with a character to root for. They've blurred lines to the point it's not clear who is right/good and who is wrong/evil. Some of them are right and evil while others are wrong and good.

I also sympathize with your style over substance point, but, and I know this sounds like hipster bull**** rationale, but the beauty of this show is that style has become substance. Its like a Dali painting. The surreal style becomes part of the message. The style/weirdness/ incongruities are holes in reality as it comes apart. Following along means not focusing as much on what is said or even actions taken but also allowing the various "realities" to drive the plot. No, its all not always successful. Sometimes it just becomes self-indulgent mush. That said, its an amazing effort.
          Last edited by Wee67; Aug 27, '19, 8:53 AM.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I really liked season three, and I'm sad the series is over.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎