• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Legion. X-Men Spin-off TV series

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I am only 2 episodes in, but... how is nobody talking about this show!?! Is there another thread somewhere? I am loving it so far.

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Never heard of it until now?
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

It's great so far!

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

Not for me. Couldn't get through the first episode. Too much like a Wes Anderson film and I do not like Wes Anderson films.
          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I almost stopped watching the first episode, but stuck it out. I'm glad I did. It got better at the end.

Comment

• rchatlin
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 24, 2001

You'll see the promo I cut for episode 6 tonight, after the end of ep 5

r
              o
              b

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

I like that it's totally weird, like a bad acid trip.
                There are enough classic superhero stories around, no need to repeat that.
                The lead character is messed up, and the story should be told this way.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

I've been enjoying it so far. Quite trippy.

My wife just pointed out the lead is Matthew from Downton Abbey.
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 13, 2016

/puts on comic nerd hat

OK, firstly, this show IS AMAZING!!!! (And this is coming from a DC fan, so I hope you understand the weight of that statement).
                    I kept hearing about Legion but only discovered it was on Hulu earlier this week so I marathoned it. W00T!
                    I, do, however, have to admit that I have not read Legion. So I cannot nit pick about accuracy. I am not a big Marvel reader. What shocked the hell out of me was discovering in the credits who wrote the comic!!!!
                    CHRIS. CLAREMONT.
                    I was floored because he is my favorite Marvel author! He created some of the most iconic stories of the 80s; he is the one who invented Mohawk Storm. Other than her looking like she is a bass player punk rocker, why does this matter??
                    Mohawk Storm was not just a costume change to sell comics the way they do these days *cough Thor cough*,
                    it was plot induced. The reason it is one of my favorite X-Men Stories (kind of a tie with Wolverine gets married) is because it is about the vulnerability of human emotion and that identity can be fragile regardless of who you are. Storm actually has an identity crisis and her punk look was part of her trying to find where she belonged. Amazing storyline, and if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. Bonus, she cuts a b1tch who has an eyepatch.
                    Basically, Chris Claremont understands humanity and imperfection. Delivers it beautifully. So I shouldn't have been surprised that Legion was his.
                    /puts Psychiatric hat on top of Comic Nerd Hat
                    I know a lot about Psychiatric issues and the thought pattern of a chemically unbalanced mind. I didn't get my degree in it cuz I didn't want to go to school for that long, but I learned what I have from experiences in my life, I will leave it at that.
                    An unbalanced mind does not have a linear thought process. So when you were halfway through the Pilot and like "why is the story jumping all over the place and half of this stuff seems irrelevant?" A few of the episodes thus far have followed this pattern, and it is very much intentional. We experience the story the way he experiences life. Almost unstuck from time, confused and not always certain if what is happening is real or in his head. For some this is not entertaining to watch. For nerds like myself, I am like "DAMN, that is some good writing right there."
                    It can totally mess with your mind ala Westworld style, but it is also a great storytelling device that allows us to see other sides of the character (s) we may otherwise not have access to from a linear perspective. It creates immense character depth within the existing plot. And being able to pull it off is extremely difficult. I feel like the writers have such control on this uncontrollable seemingly endless character.
                    Just 2 reasons why Legion is epic and might be worth a 2nd look.
                    Thank you for anyone who took the time to read this <3

-Diana (who should be re-rooting and not raving right now)
                    Last edited by The Re-Rooter; Mar 11, '17, 3:19 AM.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

I'm really liking the show. But I fear it won't last because it's to cerebral and people don't have the attention span and don't want to think.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by The Re-Rooter

/puts Psychiatric hat on top of Comic Nerd Hat
                        I know a lot about Psychiatric issues and the thought pattern of a chemically unbalanced mind. I didn't get my degree in it cuz I didn't want to go to school for that long, but I learned what I have from experiences in my life, I will leave it at that.
                        An unbalanced mind does not have a linear thought process. So when you were halfway through the Pilot and like "why is the story jumping all over the place and half of this stuff seems irrelevant?" A few of the episodes thus far have followed this pattern, and it is very much intentional. We experience the story the way he experiences life. Almost unstuck from time, confused and not always certain if what is happening is real or in his head. For some this is not entertaining to watch. For nerds like myself, I am like "DAMN, that is some good writing right there."
                        It can totally mess with your mind ala Westworld style, but it is also a great storytelling device that allows us to see other sides of the character (s) we may otherwise not have access to from a linear perspective. It creates immense character depth within the existing plot. And being able to pull it off is extremely difficult. I feel like the writers have such control on this uncontrollable seemingly endless character.
                        Just 2 reasons why Legion is epic and might be worth a 2nd look.
                        Thank you for anyone who took the time to read this <3

-Diana (who should be re-rooting and not raving right now)
                        I don't have the psychiatric understanding that you do, but I understand storytelling a bit and when I figured out that the general weirdness was making me feel "disoriented", I figured out that this was serving as a frame of reference to help me see and generally "feel" what David's point of view is. And, like you, I realized that the writers and producers were pulling off something that is difficult to do and they are doing it well.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Oh man... what a crazy ride this first season was! I so love this show.

Hey, Scott Gimple and The Walking Dead gang... *that* is how you end a season with people wanting more. No cheaps stunts that leave the season feeling incomplete. Bring the season's storyline to a satisfying conclusion, but still leave the audience on the edge of their seats over the new story it sets up. I won't say more so I don't spoil anything.

But seriously, if you aren't watching this show yet then you need to go binge watch this thing.

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I just starting watching Legion over the weekend and really like it. I'm 3 episodes in and don't want to rush through the rest too fast as I'm enjoying it so much I want to savor it.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 13, 2016

I LOVE this show!!!!
                              So frustrating that the first Season is only 8 episodes!!!!
                              But amazing nonetheless. Savoring it is definitely the best way to watch this show!
                              -Diana, the Re-rooter

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎