Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I liked it...the snitching weasel deserved getting disemboweled...but felt bad for the poor pantry lady.

About time to fight back...good...can't wait for February.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      I was just glad to finally have some hope brought in again. now hopefully they start getting some payback when the show returns in February.

any thoughts on who the watcher with the wire around his boots is?
      I think it's Dwight...
      sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

I think at this point, they should just go completely their own way and drop following the comics. Use whatever characters they want, but get past the books. Kirkman gets all caught up in characters he likes, but seeing them onscreen is less than compelling sometimes. Negan is a huge moneymaker for the comics, statues, toys, nick-nacks. That's why they keep him around (kind of like Daryl is for the show). But on tv...he's an annoying guy they are saddled with for the duration OF THE SHOW. He will continue to be a part of the series because Kirkman likes him. And the viewers do not - and want him to get what's coming to him. Like the Governor, and the Termites. And if he doesn't get his, the audience will ditch the show.
        And the writers stretching to keep him around...man, they could have killed him like 10 times now. Carl was all gung-ho to machine gun him...but there was no point he couldn't stab him with a kitchen knife while he was cooking spagetti? No rat poison to put in his lemonade? Rosita is able to pick off zombies with head shot after head shot, yet misses Negan at point blank range?
        Carol has gone from badass favorite to creepy old lady chasing people out of her yard. Morgan can't decide what he should be. Michonne is without direction as well, the one character who really shouldn't be tied down by romance. Daryl is a shadow, as is Rick. Maggie is the only character showing growth.
        Hopefully they will wrap up the "war" by end of saeson, but I'm afraid the second half will be spent convincing the other groups to teamup, and the actual fighting will be all of next year.

Comment

• toyman
          Just Another Collector
          • Sep 1, 2008

To be fair about the bullet not being accurate you have to remember that it was home made and the weight and powder couldn't have near been right and Eugene had never made one and didn't have the proper equipment for it.

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

True, but again kinda sloppy...if you were going to stake your life & that of others on having a surprise weapon, wouldn't you have more than one bullet? If I wanted to make sure Negan died I'd have had a fully loaded gun and more than one shot....Why couldn't Eugene make more to fill the chamber? And why wouldn't she test fire his ammo? Eugene has consistently proven unreliable...so Olivia paid the price for Rosita trusting Eugene's big talk again.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I think one of the biggest problems with the series is there's too much human to human conflict.

Think about Dawn of the Dead (original)

Does anyone actually like the parts with the motorcycle gang better than anything else in rest of the film prior to them ?

I understand conflict is a way to move the story along but too much of it can totally ruin it.

I think a perfect example of delicately placed positive conflict was in Night of the Living Dead.

The exact opposite is this season's Walking Dead

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

But the zombies are even more boring than bad humans...
                sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

The zombies don't have to be boring though.

Romero's zombie evolution is interesting --- from pure zombie to Bub to Big Daddy and finally the events in Survival

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

There's been very few Walkers killing humans this season....
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• megojim
                      Permanent Member
                      • Oct 13, 2001

I felt they totally redeemed the endless back and forth this season has brought. The Rick / Daryl scene really told the story of everyone, excepting Morgan and Carol. You can chop holes in any story line but year in, year out these guys have had a plan. I trust em. the technical stuff is never consistent on this show but it's TV. The bullet that Lucille took should have hit that bat hard enough that it could have KO'd Negan but it didn't move an inch. So there you go . . . I'm a fan and felt they did their audience right . . . let's eee what Feb brings.
                      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Hector
                        But the zombies are even more boring than bad humans...
                        The showrunners leave a ton of creepy experiences on the table. Atmosphere can play a huge part. Unfortunately they seem to be focusing only on how gruesome or original they can look. I let out a shriek when the guy got pulled out the canoe so it still gets me.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Feels like they tagged the "we're gonna fight!!!" ending on it, to calm down the fans a bit. I really hated this season, and yes, it was good to see "the band get back together", but it's too little too late for me. I want to get excited by the show again, but can't.
                          I wonder, why did they make just one bullet? There must be tons of shells out there. Why not make a full clip and unload on Negan?
                          As said, why not poison the cool-aid?
                          As he stabs Spencer, his attention must be on his victim, so why not go for him then? Stab HIM in the back.
                          Too many annoying plotholes.
                          I hope the next episode is just two walkers, having lunch.
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                            I hope the next episode is just two walkers, having lunch.
                            That would be great if they were in a McDonalds chowing down!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                              That would be great if they were in a McDonalds chowing down!
                              On the cashier?
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

They should be like Waldorf and Statler from the Muppet show. Chewing on a bone, and every time one of Rick's group makes a stupid mistake, they just shake their heads and chew on...
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎