X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

Lucy 2005 figures

Sorry about that. My other computer went on the fritz and screwed up this thread. I thought a moderator would delete have deleted the thread by now, but the thread still existed so I thought I'd attempt another revision on another computer.

The picture I wanted to upload was 8mb so I had a lot of grief about uploading and remote file sharing and what not.

So I'll start over.

Got my first ever CTVT figures today, the crappy ones made in India. The sculpt is amazing, I'm really impressed, yet surprised they're as good as they are. Prior to owning this I started with FTC's reMego and Batman 66. As the picture shows the sealed figure has a broken foot and splits in the wrists. I picked up the Lucy figures from a local, well known pawn shop known as Bookmans. I know Ethel and some of the other figures from this series are in high demand, but I did not see any other figures anywhere in the store. Best of all, I got the Lucy figures 15% off with daughter's teen discount and then we didn't spend any money out of pocket as the figures were purchased with trade from some store credit I used up from items I traded in at the store. I was a good Dad, I got my daughter over a dozen Babysitter's Club books she wanted so she didn't leave without items too. I've been a patron of Bookmans for like 30 years. Now I just need to junk these India bodies and buy some proper replacements.

I regrettably passed on Grandpa form the Munsters for $15. I'd love to on all the Munsters as I am a huge fan of the show. I also saw a bagged Dorothy figure Wizard of Oz for $8. I passed on her as there was facial discoloration. There were a few Space 1999 characters but I am unfamiliar with the show so I passed on those, I think prices were $15 each. I had no idea so many Space 1999 characters were made...or at least showcased on the back of the card. I don't typically ever see reMego figures at any of the Bookmans locations. They had Black Adam, but I own all the Mattel retro cloth figures.

Lucy.jpg
    Last edited by jacoblb; Jul 24, '16, 1:27 AM. Reason: Picture not uploading
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I have some prototypes from that line.

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

That's neat Lonnie. May I inquire how, did you know the sculptor or did the company sell them? Since I know you do great casting I wonder if you get many requests for those sculpts, it seems in all my years here many folks have demanded those heads...but maybe they want originals to turn into customs of something else, who knows?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I bought them from FTC on ebay, a long time ago.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

If the Dorthy is a Mego figure, for $7, it might be worth it just for the body.

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

That Ricky Ricardo Head makes a great Zorro once you add the hat and mask.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I got the complete set of (5) for my sister back when they came out, still sealed on the card. I know they have those awful India bodies, but I don't want to open them just to switch bodies, I would like them to remain sealed.

But on that note, I received Fred with a broken knee cap, and they were sold out and I wanted to have him fixed
              so sent to Mego73 and Mike fixed him up nicely and made an exact replica of the cardback, sealed him back on and
              it looks great.

If you decide to open them just to replace the bodies, I personally wouldn't do it concerning the Lucy set
              but if you want to fix them up, then you would need to replace the cards unless you want to display them loose.

You will have a very difficult time trying to slip the figure out, without tearing the card art.

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
                If the Dorthy is a Mego figure, for $7, it might be worth it just for the body.
                I still don't know if it was a vintage Mego or not because I don't know if FTC/CTVT or some other folded company reproduced Wizard of Oz figures. Isn't the Wizard of Oz public domain now, does that mean there's no license to pay for? (I noticed Lego Dimensions has Wizard of Oz, but Lego hasn't pushed Oz in any other manner of late.) IIRC, the Dorothy figure had a split wrist too and with the issue on her face it was a deal breaker for me because I assumed it was a repro.

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

Most likely the only incentive for me to open the figure is if I got spares or some extra female bodies to do the swap with, which I don't. A complete Lucy set has got be a nice investment especially since they've been long out of production. I sure hope all those dreaded India CTVT bodies that may have went unsold were destroyed or recycled by manufacturer. I can't imagine a worse way for a fan to lose interest in the hobby than seeing broken figures sealed in a package or the way the figures fall apart on their own when displayed.

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

I bought a set of lucy figures at the time ,and they look great in the packages ,very nice ,later i bought a loose set ,when cttv offered them that way .
                    those loose figures were awful ,i changed out the bodies and the shoes using FTC current stuff ,they look healthy now,when i got the loose set ,i
                    thought how could they look so good on card ,and break and look so bad loose .but the figures just need a serious operation to look better,i will
                    just keep the carded ones packed away ,i just hope the dont break in the packages cause they look so good .

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Here's another excuse for FTC to make a George Reeves Superman. You can pretend he shows up on I Love Lucy.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

How about an FTC John Wayne? he met Lucy and the gang too.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Would love to see a World's Greatest Western Heroes. Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne- True Grit), Josey Wales (Clint Eastwood - Outlaw Jose Wales), James T West (Robert Conrad - Wild, Wild, West), Lucas McCain (Chuck Connors - The Rifleman). I think it would be a huge hit.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                            Would love to see a World's Greatest Western Heroes. Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne- True Grit), Josey Wales (Clint Eastwood - Outlaw Jose Wales), James T West (Robert Conrad - Wild, Wild, West), Lucas McCain (Chuck Connors - The Rifleman). I think it would be a huge hit.
                            Oh Yes! add a Josh Randall and so many more! I really believe if FTC put effort into rebuilding their western stock, it would open up a lot of licensing for them.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

I'd be in for some Gunsmoke figures. I've been watching the episodes with Burt Reynolds.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎